What's the weight of the leather iPad Air 2 Smart Case?
- Asked by fn from Harmony
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the weight of the leather iPad Air 2 Smart Case?)
3 Answers from the Community
Here's the comparison for those who like to cover their iPad Airs with Apple leather protection. Please note that for the original iPad Air there was only a leather cover (no case) whereas for the new Air 2 there is a leather "Smart Case" (no cover).
Original iPad Air (64GB, cellular): 475 grams plus cover 102 grams totals 577 grams.
iPad Air 2 (128GB, cellular): 439 grams plus case 150 grams totals 589 grams.
So the iPad Air 2 is a bit heavier than the original iPad Air when covered in Apple leather, however, this is a "Smart Case" and obviously a better protection than just a cover.
- Answered by Helmut M from Harmony
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The box says .6 lbs.
- Answered by Stephanie G from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
It is fairly light. I'd say 1 ounce or a bit more...I don't think it is 2 ounces.
- Answered by James K P from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does Apple plan on making a Leather Smart Case that covers both front and back?
- Asked by Sam N from Killara
- Jun 6, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple plan on making a Leather Smart Case that covers both front and back?)
- Asked about: Leather Smart Cover for 10.5‑inch i…