Will this adapter when used with the new 12" Retina MacBook allow simultaneous Mac charging while also powering a USB portable drive ?
Since the new 12" Retina MacBook has just a USB-C port the issue arises on how an external HD can be attached. If say, one wants a self-powered USB HD access can this be plugged into the adapter with or without the USB-C power cable connected ? If the USB-C power cable is connected to the adapter will it both charge the Mac as well as providing power to the USB self powered HD ? Thanks.
1 Answer from the Community
In my experience, it usually worked, but I also had a larger 4 TB Seagate drive (that actually contained two spinning drives) which would automatically eject. So, for standard one-drive externals, it's fine.
- Answered by Rick M from Simpsonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is there anyway to charge and use this simultaneously? (I was thinking of using this as usb audio in)
- Asked by David "peachey" M
- Oct 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there anyway to charge and use this simultaneously? (I was thinking of using this as usb audio in))
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Does this adapter allow all three ports to be used at the same time?
- Asked by Lynda H from Salem
- Apr 5, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter allow all three ports to be used at the same time?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter