I use the Apple 12w adapter to rapid charge my iPhone 6+. Could I apply this same logic to the 29w adapter to charge my phone even more quickly?
1 Answer from the Community
No - 6+ doesn't support USB Power Delivery. iPhones 8 and above do appear to be supporting PD though.
Note the more watts your phone draws, the hotter the battery will get - and that is bad for batter longevity (i.e. it's wear level over time will increase more rapidly - and it's capacity will decrease).
- Answered by Nick D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can i use 12w usb power adapter to charge my iphone 8?
- Asked by Pravin K from Sydney
- Feb 16, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use 12w usb power adapter to charge my iphone 8?)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
Can Apples 12W usb power adapter be used to charge the case and iPhone 7 together?
- Asked by Daniel N from Chico
- Mar 16, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Apples 12W usb power adapter be used to charge the case and iPhone 7 together?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - (PROD…