Questions about iPad pro quick charging.
I purchased iPad Pro yesterday (2015.11.12)and intend to shorten the charging time as fast as possible. I find Apple 29W USB - C Power Adapter and think if I buy another USB-C to Lightning Cable, will this way shorten my charging time on iPad Pro?
At least, 1) Could anyone let me know the max output Voltage and Current of Apple 29W USB - C Power Adapter?
2) What's the max output Voltage and Current supported by iPad Pro?
I also advise Apple to develop a specific quick charging plan for iPad Pro， which definitely will make it more competitive.
- Asked by 华明 钱 from 上海
- Flag as inappropriate (Questions about iPad pro quick charging.)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, the 12" has a built‐in 41‐watt‐hour rechargeable lithium‑polymer battery. So it supports fast charging and would work with the 29W usb-c power adapter.
- Answered by Jean-philippe C from Lachine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It was possible up until iOS 11 to use either a third party adaptor or cable for fast charging but now, this has been disabled. I have a Apple usb c cable and third party adapter, used to charge from 0 to full in less than 2hrs or positively charge when running. ...not now. It loses power and resembles that from a 12w charger, Poor show to cripple third party kit.
- Answered by Steven S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How fast will it charge an iPad pro?
- Asked by Les V from Oakland
- Oct 28, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How fast will it charge an iPad pro?)
- Asked about: 87W USB-C Power Adapter
Can I use this cable to charge my iPad Pro?
- Asked by Minh H from Alexandria
- Sep 23, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to charge my iPad Pro?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)
Will this charge both the iPad Pro and the iPad Pro pen at the same time?
- Asked by Rhea C from Malabar
- Sep 27, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this charge both the iPad Pro and the iPad Pro pen at the same time?)
- Asked about: Belkin Micro-USB to USB Cable with …