Which USB Power Adapter is the safest/best option to use with the Apple Pencil?
I have a 5W and a 10W USB Power Adapter, so I was wondering which one would be the better choice. As I have heard that using the higher voltage charger on a device that it's not specified for can potentially cause damage to said device.
- Asked by Jennifer H from Halifax
- Flag as inappropriate (Which USB Power Adapter is the safest/best option to use with the Apple Pencil?)
1 Answer from the Community
The smart option for complete top charge is the 5W, however the 10W, 12W and 29W chargers from APPLE, not including generic off-brand dongles, should not harm the pencil. I use my 12W often with my Pencil and have not had any issues with over charging, just a faster charge for immediate use. Please note that it isn't wise to use dongles (chargers) that are not Apple Certified with their devices. The charger will actually stop charging when the batteries are charged if they are Apple's. I hope that helps.
- Answered by Michael M from Belews Crrek
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Ethernet option for iPad 4?
- Asked by Alan D from Nelson
- Mar 24, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Ethernet option for iPad 4?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Can the 12W USB Power Adapter be used to charge the Apple Pencil? What about the Apple Magic Keyboard?
- Asked by David C from Ames
- Feb 9, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the 12W USB Power Adapter be used to charge the Apple Pencil? What about the Apple Magic Keyboard?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter