Does it charge the ipad while you have peripherals connected? Will it send power to peripherals like a small class compliant midi controller? Thx.
1 Answer from the Community
It does charge the iPad and power USB peripherals at the same time. As long as you use an iPad power adapter (12 watt) or Macbook USB-C with the USB-C to lightning cable you should be able to do both at the same time. As far as I can tell, the adapter prioritises powering USB peripherals over charging your iOS device, so if your USB peripherals use a lot of power, it may not charge your iPad as quickly as it normally would.
- Answered by Dillon A from Cumberland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is it possible to connect a midi keyboard to an ipad mini
- Asked by Karl G from Elmira
- Nov 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect a midi keyboard to an ipad mini)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
Does the USB port power third party peripherals?
- Asked by Steven H
- Dec 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port power third party peripherals?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Can you use this connector to connect a class compliant USB audio interface to the IPAD?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Apr 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this connector to connect a class compliant USB audio interface to the IPAD?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit