Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?
I have have an Irig pro audio interface which uses lightning to connect to my iPhone.
I was wondering if the second lightning adapter port is fullly functional and not just for power?
My iteration is to plug in a usb keyboard into the USB port and use the other lightning port for the the irig audio interface.
2 Answers from the Community
I learned that the lightning port is only for power under the worst way !!!
I have an iphone 7 were the screen went black, so I hooked it through a lightning to HDMI to my TV and I could see the iphone unlock display but of course I could not enter the unlock code touching the glass so I plugged the lightning side of the lightning to USB 3 adapter to the lightning port of the HDMI port and a keyboard to the USB 3 port.
Lo and behold, the data from the keyboard going out on the lightning to USB adapter didn't reach the iphone because the lightning port of the HDMI adapter is only for power and the same goes to the USB 3 adapter.
Unfortunately the engineers who designed both adapters never though that limiting the lightning port use for providing only power was not a good idea !!!
If some one could design a smart lightning hub, that would be great !
- Answered by Roberto S from Aventura
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Lightning port on the adapter supplies power only. You can connect a USB hub to the adapter so that you can connect multiple devices, as long as there is power supplied through the adapter's Lightning port.
- Answered by Philip S from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The lightning port can function as headphone input?
- Asked by Kevin Q from Lima
- Aug 10, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (The lightning port can function as headphone input?)
- Asked about: Gamevice Controller for iPad mini
Will this adapter support the Pioneer VSK-1120K IPod functions
- Asked by Carey R
- Jan 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter support the Pioneer VSK-1120K IPod functions)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Can I use the lightning digital AV adapter to make my Ipad Air a second monitor for my PC?
- Asked by Aaron S from Milford
- May 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the lightning digital AV adapter to make my Ipad Air a second monitor for my PC?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter