will the power adapter extension cable fit the usb-c power adapter for the new macbook.
2 Answers from the Community
I'm using my old extension cable from my 2010 MacBook Air and it fits fine, and for the first 2 days at least, seems to be charging fine.
My question is if there's any potential for damage to the battery or computer though, using a cord that's rated for lower wattage. Hopefully it's just slower, since without the extension cable, it's really hard to sit that close to an outlet!
- Answered by Lucia M from Makawao
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Eden F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?
- Asked by Eric M from Accomac
- Oct 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Can this Apple 29W USB-C Power Adapter utilize the Apple MK122X/A Power Adapter Extension Cable?
- Asked by Kevin S from Anchorage
- Apr 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Apple 29W USB-C Power Adapter utilize the Apple MK122X/A Power Adapter Extension Cable?)
- Asked about: 29W USB‑C Power Adapter