Will chlorine pool water affect the finish on the gray aluminum watch?
when I wear a silver bracelet in a pool where the water is treated with chlorine, the chlorine tarnishes the silver on the bracelet.
I want to buy the Apply 3 watch to use for triathlon training. This time of year my swimming is indoors in a pool with chlorine. If I am wearing the gray aluminum Apply watch will the finish on the gray aluminum be affected/damaged by the chlorine?
- Asked by George F from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate (Will chlorine pool water affect the finish on the gray aluminum watch?)
2 Answers from the Community
the chlorine will not affect the anodized aluminum casing because it is water resistant to 50 meters. the apple stainless steel bands and leather bands are not water resistant at all. however, the sport band and sport loop are water resistant just like the Apple Watch series 3.
- Answered by Aaron R from Gulf Breeze
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Chlorine will not affect your apple watch, but will affect leather and other bands, the sports band is reccomended, or nike bands. However it is also recommended to give your apple watch a nice rinse in fresh water so as the chlorine does not irritate your skin over time :)
- Answered by Ryan L from Livingston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I know they are water resistant but can you wear these in the pool with the watch ?
- Asked by Douglas F from East Otto
- Apr 5, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (I know they are water resistant but can you wear these in the pool with the watch ?)
- Asked about: Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones - Wh…
How does the Nike Sport band hold up swimming every day in chlorine pool - Any issues?
- Asked by Lauren A from Clearwater
- Jun 25, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How does the Nike Sport band hold up swimming every day in chlorine pool - Any issues?)
- Asked about: 38mm Anthracite/Black Nike Sport Ba…