Which USB power adapter should I use to charge the airpods case? 5W or 10W(the one that come with my iPad)?
3 Answers from the Community
The other answers are not accurate.
Either will work and charge at the same speed. The AirPods case only uses 5W-1Amp, so it will draw that amount regardless of max output of the charging brick. The AirPods can “fast charge” inside the case, but the case itself does not utilize fast charging. The battery is relatively small compared to an iPhone, so charging times are fast regardless
- Answered by Scott B from Suwanee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I would recommend the 10W Charger. This supplies a more and faster charge.
- Answered by Vitek P from Justice
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Either USB power brick will work when charging the AirPods. The 10W USB power brick probably would charge the AirPods faster because of the higher wattage.
- Answered by Callum D from Adelaide
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does it matter if I charge with the 5w adapter (the one that comes with the iPhone) or the 12w (the one that comes with the IPad) will it damage ?
- Asked by Fabio Q from Coconut Creek
- Sep 24, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it matter if I charge with the 5w adapter (the one that comes with the iPhone) or the 12w (the one that comes with the IPad) will it damage ?)