Why is the volume really loud when I connect my airpots to my computer even though the volume on my computer is only at one bar?
1 Answer from the Community
The volume is set for headphones differently than the built-in speakers. This is a great feature to me, since I work in an office where my phone ringing would be distracting. When I leave for a break or lunch, and put on my headphones (the feature works with any headphone or speaker), the volume is right where I need it to be. But when I take them off, I don’t have to grab the phone and shut off the ringer if I forget to turn it down. So, just set the AirPods to the level you like, and when you don’t have them connected, set your iPhone volume to suit you for the speaker.
The Mac works the same way. When you go into System Preferences>Sound, under output, you’ll see all the available options. When you select a different one, the OS remembers what you had it set for last time.
- Answered by Thomas Smythe R from Durham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How Loud is the Homepad volume
- Asked by Richard W
- May 9, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (How Loud is the Homepad volume)
- Asked about: HomePod
No answers yet
Will this work with the new 2016 Macbook Pro with touch bar?
- Asked by Andrew H from Washington
- Nov 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the new 2016 Macbook Pro with touch bar?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive