is the case water and damage proof
- Asked by fn from Fort Frances
- Flag as inappropriate (is the case water and damage proof)
1 Answer from the Community
It’s a open-faced leather slip case, so although it is splash-resistant it certainly isn’t even remotely waterproof.
You can keep it splash-resistant by occasionally applying a suitable leather polish, and really work it in to any scuffed or scratched areas.
That last advice answers the second part of your question: like all leather it will scuff, scratch and dent in use. Some owners appreciate the distressed look, just like on old leather-bound books and luggage. The case offers a small but significant amount of impact protection to the phone, but it’s mostly to protect the phone from scrapes and scratches.
If you want a fully water-resistant and damage-resistant case then buy a chunky armoured case like some
of the Otterbox models. If you just need a simple slip case which will not get damaged by water and which resists scratches and scrapes more strongly then buy the Apple silicone case or a similar one from other suppliers.
- Answered by Robert C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the case water proof like the phone?
- Asked by Chad S from Richboro
- Sep 9, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the case water proof like the phone?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - (PROD…
No answers yet
Does this case help protect from water/sweat damage?
- Asked by Sierra O from Dodgeville
- Oct 26, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case help protect from water/sweat damage?)
- Asked about: iPhone XS Max Silicone Case - (PROD…