Which macbook 13 inch I should purchase for college: pro or air? My major is Communications or Psychology. (Not sure at the moment)
I know both the air and pro have been recently updated and both 13 in cost the same, however I dont know which one to choose for college. I will use it for college such as browsing, completing assignments, editing here and there videos and photos. I need something fast, THAT WILL LAST ALL 4 YEARS, and is reliable and durable. I want a machine that can get the job done without any problems. ALSO, I don't want to have overheating problems nor fan issues. I am aware the pro is getting a common issue with regards to the heat and what not.
- Asked by Luis R from Bronx
2 Answers from the Community
Get the 2012 MacBook Air 13 with 8Gb RAM and buy an external hard drive if you need more space to store your music,photos and videos.
1. Lightweight and thin
2. Faster storage means faster access and faster boot up speed.
3. Better screen 1440 by 900 resolution.
1. No user upgradablity.
2. Slightly slower processor.
3. No DVD drive
4. No FireWire and Ethernet port.
1. Slightly faster processor which is only noticed when gaming iron running processor demanding tasks like photoshop or cad.
2. Has a DVD drive
3. Has a FireWire and ethernet port.
4. It can be user upgraded later.
1. Heavy and bulky.
2. Larger storage but slower.
3. Lower resolution screen 1280 by 800.
I hope this gives you a clear picture for your purchase. BEST OF LUCK !!!
- Answered by Rishi C
- Jun 26, 2012
The best is Mac Book Pro! Does it all. Has the speed if you configure right. Does it all !! BUT is more expensive. Again, has it all and does it all. You get what you pay for. Love the PRO- bought this big daddy in 2008 and still rockin!!
- Answered by Gary E from Lilburn
- Nov 6, 2012