Does my arm, which I have my watch on, have to swing when I walk to get my steps? Don't want to miss any steps. Thanks
2 Answers from the Community
No, the device(s) will be able to read your strides.
- Answered by Todd M from Valdosta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Steps are counted using a combination of the accelerometer in your iPhone and Apple Watch plus data from your height/distance travelled. It gets more accurate the more you use it. The answer to your question is no, they will be counted if your arm isn't swinging.
- Answered by Donald M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the new series 4 count steps and display them?
- Asked by Henry J from Yorba Linda
- Nov 16, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new series 4 count steps and display them?)
I have an iPhone 6 ,will an Apple Watch take pulse and will it count steps
- Asked by Richard F from Courtenay
- Nov 24, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iPhone 6 ,will an Apple Watch take pulse and will it count steps)