What’s the main difference between composite back and ceramic back ?
- Asked by Kenny S from Brigham City
- Flag as inappropriate (What’s the main difference between composite back and ceramic back ?)
1 Answer from the Community
Hey~ not sure if you're still looking for this answer, but while looking for the same thing, I ran into a couple of threads that provided some insight.
Do a keyword search for reddit the_composite_back_on_my_s0_sport_vs_the_ceramic this person posts a picture of the backs of both.
There is also this older macrumors thread which contains great info. I can't seem to post links, so search for macrumors and ceramic-vs-composite-any-real-benefit
The long and short of that macrumors post:
The poster is referring tot he composite: Plastic is the most minimalist material you can make a lens out of. While they may last for many years it is still just plastic.
In regards to the ceramic and the sapphire crystal: Sapphire is the 2ed hardest material known and a ceramic coating will not wear through for MANY decades if ever. It is also heat, acid (sweat is very acidic and can eat into plastic), corrosion and water resistant.What I'm saying is the ceramic coated sapphire sensor is built to last a lifetime.
- Answered by Rosa G from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
When will the marine mint color sport band come back in stock 42mm ?
- Asked by Deborah L from Cedar Park
- Jul 16, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (When will the marine mint color sport band come back in stock 42mm ?)
- Asked about: 42mm Black Sport Band – M/L & L/XL
If I am in an area where the watch cellular does not work, does it still connect using the iPhone if it is close by?
- Asked by Brigid F from Cape Coral
- Jan 31, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (If I am in an area where the watch cellular does not work, does it still connect using the iPhone if it is close by?)
what is the difference between stainless and the regular? Is it heavier?
- Asked by Nathan G from Parker
- Sep 24, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between stainless and the regular? Is it heavier?)