Similar questions from the community
can I use the new version in more than one computer?
Mac OS X
Processor 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Can I update to Lion?
- Asked by Maria C
- 15 Aug 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the new version in more than one computer?)
Will this work on a non-apple device? For example a blank ssd in a custom computer.
I have a custom built computer and want to run OS X on it but will this version of OS X work on a non-Mac device? The ssd has not had anything put on it yet and the computer hasn't been run yet. Is there a specific version if any that I can use?
- Asked by Alan S from Watkins Glen
- 12 Jun 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on a non-apple device? For example a blank ssd in a custom computer.)
What I need is Os 10.7.2 . Where can I buy it?
That was the version installed my Mac Mini', but the technician that repair it changes the system to 10.7.5 and it does not identify the external disk, nor some apps. and hundreds of documents. Always or most of the times appears a message that more nor less says "You have to upgrade your software" or You have al older version of the software and does nor function with Os10.7.5"
- Asked by Hector F from Yauco
- 22 Oct 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What I need is Os 10.7.2 . Where can I buy it?)
I've 2007 macpro 10.7.5 and I can't upgrade to El capitano. DO i need to buy new processor or something or do i need to upgrade to Mountain Lion first
I've 2007 macpro 10.7.5 and I can't upgrade to El capitano. DO i need to buy new processor or something or do i need to upgrade to Mountain Lion first. Please help me .. I can't afford new computer.
I have 1 gig in my imac. Can I still download and use Lion, or do I have to have 2 gigs to run it?
I have IOS 10.6.8 right now. 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, startup disc Macintosh HD, Model identifier iMac7,1. I have 2 cores, 1 GB of memory, Bus Speed 800 MHz. Can I go straight to Mountain Lion, or do I have to get Lion first, and will it run on my computer?
- Asked by Sandra M from Clinton Township
- 12 Feb 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have 1 gig in my imac. Can I still download and use Lion, or do I have to have 2 gigs to run it?)
I'm not sure if my iMac is able to upgrade and if it can which is the highest I can upgrade it to?
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
SMC Version (system): 1.8f2
Right now I have SnowLeopard 1.68 I think and at least need 1.7.
- Asked by Heather C from Jacksonville
- 12 Jun 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm not sure if my iMac is able to upgrade and if it can which is the highest I can upgrade it to?)
I have a Mac with Snow Leopard installed.I would like to upgrade to Lion. Would I still be able to use Adobe CS3 that is on my computer
- Asked by Bettina G from Jupiter
- 21 May 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Mac with Snow Leopard installed.I would like to upgrade to Lion. Would I still be able to use Adobe CS3 that is on my computer)
I need to install to 10.7 to run programme upgrade. If I buy a copy can I install it on several machines all running versions of 10.6
If I purchase this from here can I use the "resintall OS LION" option in disk utilities?
Can't install it any other way had someone erase my HDD thanks in advance!
- Asked by Lucas C
- 14 Dec 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (If I purchase this from here can I use the "resintall OS LION" option in disk utilities?)
I cloud capability
I have a very old MacBook since before 2009, I successfully upgraded my Software system to Snow Leopard but since recently purchasing an iPad I would like to use the iCloud. Will upgrading to OS X Lion enable me to use the iCloud. I cannot upgrade to a later software system as my computer is too retro and won't allow it. Sad Face.
- Asked by Stephanie B
- 17 Feb 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I cloud capability)
does it works in a macbook 13" from 2006? I have a macbook black, 2006 with a 10.6.8 os x installed.. if I purchase this version, will it work?
I have 10.7 but need to restore system. Don't have recovery partition & can't connect to internet recovery. Can I use this to access recovery utility
Is this OS DVD media, or just a download code?
I have a machine Macbook 2007 and the HDD died so need to completely reinstall new image to new HDD. But can't find my old media. I have another machine Macbook Pro 2015 but the appstore says I can't download LION to it to create image.
- Asked by Colin H
- 25 Jan 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this OS DVD media, or just a download code?)
Can I get OS X Lion on CD or USB stick. I have a corrupted OS X. Recovery will not work, error , cannot use this OS to recover.
OS X update 'Froze'. Since then will not boot to OS. Recovery does not work 'Cannot use this OS X Lion'. Online recovery taking forever to get to Apple website and then freezes with round activity icon rotating , last time over a hour, with no further activity.
i have Yosemite on my brand new Macbook Pro. Unfortunately i have some essential software that will only run on OS 10.7. How do I get OS10.7?
Can I install lion x in the same pc but with a separate hdd?
I have an IPad 4, have many pictures and videos.
In order to see the pictures and view the videos of my IPad could I download and install OS X Lion 10.7 on the same PC and on a different HDD?
- Asked by Jack B from Anjou
- 10 Apr 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install lion x in the same pc but with a separate hdd?)