Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...
- Asked by Kevin C from Chatswood
- Jun 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...)
Can it connect to non internet devices under Boot Camp?
My specific question is: I have a Motorola RFID reader that I connect to a Windows machine to do race timing. It only connects with an ethernet cable. I've read that the USB to Ethernet ONLY connects to the internet and does not communicate exactly like an ethernet port used to.
Will this thunderbolt to Ethernet device be able to connect to hardware that uses this connection, and will it be able to do so in bootcamp running windows 7?
- Asked by Nicholas J from Orlando
- Mar 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it connect to non internet devices under Boot Camp?)
Do you need a special internet connection to use this or is it just like the USB ethernet adapter?
Thank you for all the detailed instructions on how to load myriad software packies to ensure an RJ-45 can talk to a Windows 7 PC.
I am new to Apple so forgive such a simple question.
What benefit would I get from connecting my iPhone or iPad to my Windows PC with a RJ-45 vice a USB? I read all the questions and answers (it was inspiring to see such a consistently polite exchange in a help forum!). But the only thing I've been able to take away from the forum, is that this device will allow a faster exchange between an Apple device and Windows 7 (with the right handshaking software).
- Asked by Robert C from Burke
- Apr 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need a special internet connection to use this or is it just like the USB ethernet adapter?)
can and if so how will this work with the 2015 macbook?
im concedering buying a new macbook. i want this to work
- Asked by Ian W
- Feb 9, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (can and if so how will this work with the 2015 macbook?)
Will this adapter work with LAN?
I'm visting Japan next month and have been told to get an adapter for my mac book pro for a LAN connection. Will this adapter work?
- Asked by Jamie K from Brooklyn
- May 28, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with LAN?)
Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac
I've tried connecting direct from the airport time machine to the ethernet socket on my I Mac. I keep getting, no cable connection? I've also tried direct from the modem to the airport T M, Same result. I'm running out of options and need help
- Asked by Kenneth R
- Nov 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac)
Does this adapter work on previous generation thunderbolt macs?
- Asked by Joel A from Virginia
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work on previous generation thunderbolt macs?)
Full gigabit speeds?
I just got CenturyLink Gigabit service, and the fastest speeds I can get ising this adapter is around 650Mbps down/800Mbs up. The CenturyLink installer says it's a limitation of my hardware, and that only fairly new machines will actually get the full 1000Mbs / 1000Mbs speeds.
Mid-2012 MBP Retina, which has no ethernet so I'm using this adapter.
Does anyone know if there are limits in the adapter, older Macs, or...? If I get a new MBP but it turns out it's the adapter that is chocking things, then I won't see any benefit on that front.
- Asked by Allen M from Bellingham
- May 25, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Full gigabit speeds?)
No answers yet
Does the 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' works on iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011)?
Both iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011) come with single gigabit ethernet port.
Is this 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' able to add a secondary gigabit ethernet port/connection?
If so, is it able to create "teamed connection" using the onboard gigabit ethernet port and this 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter'?
- Asked by Anthony C
- Jan 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' works on iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011)?)
Does the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter cable work with MacBook Air 11-inch Late 2010 with mini display port (and not thunderbolt)?
- Asked by Barbara S from Kansas City
- Jan 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter cable work with MacBook Air 11-inch Late 2010 with mini display port (and not thunderbolt)?)
Can Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter be downstream connected to any Thunderbolt peripheral so Ethernet is available on connect to Thunderbolt accessory
This would allow a simple dock configuration. Use WiFi while in the field but connect to Thunderbolt Display or peripheral and get direct Ethernet wired connection. This would save the second Thunderbolt port for other hardware connections such as Pro Video edit/control equipment. If such a connection would work with the adapter it would be nice to be able to control it with granularity.
can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?
I have an 8TB G-Raid Studio drive that I'm trying to connect to my airport extreme via a thunderbolt to ethernet connector for media storage.
My network is setup as follows 2TB Time Capsule --> 8 port gigabit network switch --> Airport Express x 2 & Airport Extreme.
I have a buffalo linkstation connected to the TC for my work server. I wanted to use this raid drive for a media server. I have connected the raid drive to the Airport Extreme using the Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet connector but can't seem to have the drive recognized on the network... How can I fix this?
- Asked by Mujahid M from Upland
- Jun 1, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?)