Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I connect a tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire connection for daw control, can I plug the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt
Basically can I connect my tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire port for daw control using my FireWire cable out of the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt then thunderbolt to thunderbolt 3 adaptor into a thunderbolt 3 port on a new 15” 2018 MacBook Pro.
Can I connect my WD time machine firewire to my iMac using a thunderbolt adaptor
- Asked by Dianne A from Mission Viejo
- 11 Feb 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Can I connect my WD time machine firewire to my iMac using a thunderbolt adaptor
How do I connect Thunderbolt 3/USB-C (2019 iMac) to Firewire 800 (2010 iMac)?
I am buying the new mid-2019 iMac and would like to transfer the contents of my old mid-2010 iMac to it. The Apple site is silent as to the type of T-bolt version is on their FW adapter.
- Asked by Kevin G from Waldport
- 5 Apr 2020
- Flag as inappropriate How do I connect Thunderbolt 3/USB-C (2019 iMac) to Firewire 800 (2010 iMac)?
can I listen to audio out of the thunderbolt port?
I only have lightening style headphone (no bluetooth time/wireless, can I use the firewire / lightening adapter to listen to music through my lightening earphones. is there any combonation of cables that will allow me to use lightening cabled earphones to listen to music on my mac book pro build 2016? Thanks
- Asked by Janice L from Lacey
- 12 Feb 2018
- Flag as inappropriate can I listen to audio out of the thunderbolt port?
Can the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter be used for capturing video from DV recorders and/or cameras? Thanks in advance for any response
Is this a Thunderbolt 3 type connection? Does it have the new USB-C type plug?
Just ordered the new (October 2016) MacBook Pro and need a cable to connect my Firewire 800 drives to it.
- Asked by Kevin L
- 28 Oct 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Is this a Thunderbolt 3 type connection? Does it have the new USB-C type plug?
does a macbook pro 2010 have a firewire or thunderbolt port
- Asked by Lynda B from Urbandale
- 27 Jan 2017
- Flag as inappropriate does a macbook pro 2010 have a firewire or thunderbolt port
I need to connect my Motu Traveller Audio interface which is Firewire 400 to my 2017 iMac which is Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C). Are 3 adaptors necessary?
Will this work with my (very old gen3) ipod?
I have had my ipod since 2003 and it has been working fine for me ever since. I understand that to transfer my songs from my ipod to a mac, I will need to download a specific type of software for that to work. I do not want to lose the music that is currently on there (approx. 3000), but do want to transfer to my new macbook pro. Will the Thunderbolt read my ipod?
- Asked by Tiepa T from Te Atatu Peninsula
- 2 Sep 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with my (very old gen3) ipod?
Can I use this to connect 2007 Imac to 2010 Imac both use FW800
Can I use Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter to connect for a download from Imac 2007 to mid 2010 Imac (11.2) both have FW 800 Or is there a better connector
- Asked by Jbackartyahoo.com D from Barryville
- 13 Mar 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this to connect 2007 Imac to 2010 Imac both use FW800
can I use this to import HDV footage from a camera or HDV deck?
hdv deck has only firewire out. would like to import footage to premier or iMovie. I am set up with cable converters to get from 4pin to 6pin to 9pin. I have both sd, and hdv 1080i footage. Any suggestions if adapter doesn't work?
- Asked by Scott O from Miami
- 1 Jun 2020
- Flag as inappropriate can I use this to import HDV footage from a camera or HDV deck?
is this the same as thunderbolt 2 connection? Late 2015 imac 27" is thunderbolt 2.. I need to transfer old files off an old drive.
Late 2015 27" iMac with Thunderbolt 2. Need to connect old HD with FW800 or FW400.. I have those cables so will this connect to my T 2 ports?
- Asked by Anthony M from Sacramento
- 11 Jun 2020
- Flag as inappropriate is this the same as thunderbolt 2 connection? Late 2015 imac 27" is thunderbolt 2.. I need to transfer old files off an old drive.
Hiw do I connect Nikon Coolscan 8000 to iMac Core i5 2017 model
I have a Nikon Super CoolScan 8000 Scanner and need to connect it (FireWire) to an iMac 27” Core i5 2017 model... What connector/s would I need to use...?
- Asked by Daniel S from Halfmoon Bay
- 29 Nov 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Hiw do I connect Nikon Coolscan 8000 to iMac Core i5 2017 model
Will this product connect a tc electronic konnect 8 audio interface to the 2017 imac thunderbolt input? The konnekt 8 has an iE1394 firewire port.
I have a late 2009 iMac want to convert to addtl monitor for my 2019 iMac, I tried to use the Thunderbolt 3 to Thun2, what connection do I need?
I tried to use the Thunderbolt 3 to Thun2, It didn't work, what connection do I need?
Could I use this adapter to connect my Digidesign 003 factory to my iMac thunderbolt connect or would it lack sufficient power?