Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Could I use this adapter to connect my Digidesign 003 factory to my iMac thunderbolt connect or would it lack sufficient power?
Can I connect my WD time machine firewire to my iMac using a thunderbolt adaptor
- Asked by Dianne A from Mission Viejo
- 11 Feb 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my WD time machine firewire to my iMac using a thunderbolt adaptor)
Can I connect my external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor?
I have an iMac 27 inch (mid 2011) with two thunderbolt slots. (1) Can i connect my WD "My Passport" external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor; (2) Will that quicken the pace of data transfer (for backup, time-machine etc.)? (3) Am also planning on upgrading to a new iMac in a few months (when the new iMacs are announced), so will I be able to transfer all my data from my old iMac quicker using a thunderbolt connection from my external drive? Thanks kindly for any assistance.
- Asked by Ilan K from Toronto
- 1 Feb 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor?)
Can I connect a tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire connection for daw control, can I plug the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt
Basically can I connect my tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire port for daw control using my FireWire cable out of the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt then thunderbolt to thunderbolt 3 adaptor into a thunderbolt 3 port on a new 15” 2018 MacBook Pro.
can I listen to audio out of the thunderbolt port?
I only have lightening style headphone (no bluetooth time/wireless, can I use the firewire / lightening adapter to listen to music through my lightening earphones. is there any combonation of cables that will allow me to use lightening cabled earphones to listen to music on my mac book pro build 2016?
- Asked by Janice L from Lacey
- 12 Feb 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (can I listen to audio out of the thunderbolt port?)
Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?
Majority of medium format camera digital backs equip with Firewire connectivity instead of USB 3.0, is this adapter capable to be used to connect and power a digital bak of that kind, so as the image transfer? For brand like Phase One, Leaf or Hasselbald?
- Asked by Robin C from New York
- 3 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?)
Hiw do I connect Nikon Coolscan 8000 to iMac Core i5 2017 model
I have a Nikon Super CoolScan 8000 Scanner and need to connect it (FireWire) to an iMac 27” Core i5 2017 model...
What connector/s would I need to use...?
- Asked by Daniel S from Halfmoon Bay
- 29 Nov 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Hiw do I connect Nikon Coolscan 8000 to iMac Core i5 2017 model)
Is this a Thunderbolt 3 type connection? Does it have the new USB-C type plug?
Just ordered the new (October 2016) MacBook Pro and need a cable to connect my Firewire 800 drives to it.
- Asked by Kevin L
- 28 Oct 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a Thunderbolt 3 type connection? Does it have the new USB-C type plug?)
Enough to Power my Audio sound card?
I am so excited with this release and I am not at home to check the power consumption of my sound card!
Would it be able to power my:
M-Audio 1814 FireWire sound card???
- Asked by John M
- 1 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Enough to Power my Audio sound card?)
Will this work with an iPod (touch wheel), which has an FireWire 400 port, connected via this particular adapter and an adapter FireWire 800 to 400?
Will this product connect a tc electronic konnect 8 audio interface to the 2017 imac thunderbolt input? The konnekt 8 has an iE1394 firewire port.
Can the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter be used for capturing video from DV recorders and/or cameras? Thanks in advance for any response
Thunderbolt -> Firewire capacity?
Is there a limit to how many Firewire drives I can daisy chain off one Thunderbolt port? I have about 7 units
- Asked by Calvin H from Glendale
- 1 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt -> Firewire capacity?)