Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?
Majority of medium format camera digital backs equip with Firewire connectivity instead of USB 3.0, is this adapter capable to be used to connect and power a digital bak of that kind, so as the image transfer? For brand like Phase One, Leaf or Hasselbald?
- Asked by Robin C from New York
- 3 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?)
Enough to Power my Audio sound card?
I am so excited with this release and I am not at home to check the power consumption of my sound card!
Would it be able to power my:
M-Audio 1814 FireWire sound card???
- Asked by John M
- 1 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Enough to Power my Audio sound card?)
Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?
With the new Mac Mini (2014) no longer having FW, can the FW ports at the back of my 20" Cinema Display (Alu) be powered via this adapter? The display has 2USB2 and 2 FW400 ports at back and would be connected using Apple's HDMI-DVI, the USB cable plugs directly into the Mini's USB3 port but for FW I'd have to use this adapter.
- Asked by Francesco P from Montreal
- 19 Oct 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?)
If you use firewire 400 to 800, and then 800 to thunderbolt, what do you do with the power cord that comes out of the back of the Cinema Display?
- Asked by Denise D from Tuckerton
- 3 Jun 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (If you use firewire 400 to 800, and then 800 to thunderbolt, what do you do with the power cord that comes out of the back of the Cinema Display?)
What do I need to connect my Canon Vixia HV30 camera to thunderbolt on an iMac?
- Asked by Thomas W from Anchorage
- 20 Jul 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I need to connect my Canon Vixia HV30 camera to thunderbolt on an iMac?)
Can the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter be used for capturing video from DV recorders and/or cameras? Thanks in advance for any response
Can I connect a tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire connection for daw control, can I plug the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt
Basically can I connect my tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire port for daw control using my FireWire cable out of the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt then thunderbolt to thunderbolt 3 adaptor into a thunderbolt 3 port on a new 15” 2018 MacBook Pro.
Could I use this adapter to connect my Digidesign 003 factory to my iMac thunderbolt connect or would it lack sufficient power?
I have a sony handicam dcr-trv460 ntsc. I would like to transfer tapes to my new macbook air. what cable do i need? ilink on handicam to thunderbolt.
I can't find anything specific to tell me what I need. The pictures and diagrams look like they won't fit the thurnderbolt connection. Everything I see has squared corners. ....thanks.
- Asked by Keith B from Maryville
- 29 Mar 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a sony handicam dcr-trv460 ntsc. I would like to transfer tapes to my new macbook air. what cable do i need? ilink on handicam to thunderbolt.)
do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?
I have a question concerning the use of multiple thunderbolt to firewire adapters. If I plug two of these into an iMac, and then a drive to each adapter, would those devices present themselves to the computer as being on two different firewire busses, or one unified firewire bus?
Some people on here have commented on how they have multiple drives daisy-chained to one adapter, that is not what I am asking about, as in that kind of situation you can easily saturate a single firewire buss.
My purpose here is to use Universal Audio's Satellite UAD product (firewire) in addition to a firewire audio interface. the Satellite prefers to be the sole device on a FW chain for best performance, so what I would like to do is use one adapter for a satellite, and one for a firewire audio interface, and have the two operate independently on their own busses.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone tried it?
- Asked by Henry R from Chandler
- 12 Jun 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?)