Similar questions from the community
Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?
I bought a SuperDrive in 2008 for my Macbook Air (first generation) and still use it. I just bought a MacBook Pro with Retina display and I am having trouble using the SuperDrive on my new computer. It said something like "SuperDrive not compatible with computer." However, when I look at this SuperDrive, it says it should be compatible. Because I have an older SuperDrive, will it no longer be compatible with my new computer?
- Asked by Gianna Z from Arroyo Grande
- 25 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?)
Is there an external CD Drive that is compatible with a 13 inch aluminum MacBook from 2008?
My CD drive is broken and rather than having it fixed or replaced I was wondering if I could just buy an external drive. However every drive that I have found is not compatible with my computer, most are for macbook pro or air.
- Asked by Bridget J from Omaha
- 30 Jan 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an external CD Drive that is compatible with a 13 inch aluminum MacBook from 2008?)
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- 15 Oct 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
Can I link to the SuperDrive in my existing MacBook Pro with my MacBook Pro with retina display?
I have an early 2006 MacBook Pro, and I am waiting to receive my MacBook Pro with retina display. Will I be able to wirelessly access discs through that SuperDrive or do I need to buy an external one? I know you can link to ones in iMacs, but am not sure if the same is true for MacBook Pros.
- Asked by Jessica C from Hemet
- 19 Mar 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I link to the SuperDrive in my existing MacBook Pro with my MacBook Pro with retina display?)
Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina
I am about to purchase a macbook pro and am wondering about creating CD's and DVD's. I know that I need an external superdrive with the retina display. Is this all I need to be able to create and burn a DVD or a CD as I will have to do this as part of my job.
- Asked by Renee W from Ormeau Hills
- 18 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina)
can I use it at MacBook Pro 13"???
- Asked by Jimy N from Muar
- 10 Aug 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use it at MacBook Pro 13"???)
No answers yet
will this product allow me to download my lexicon alpha audio interface plugins from my disk on MacBook pro with retina 15".
I recently purchased a MacBook pro with retina display 15" and a bunch of recording equipment to record my music. Then when i tried setting up my lexicon alpha audio interface it required me to insert a disk to get the plugins for it to work on logic pro x. To which then i found this Mac that it doesn't have a disk drive (my bad for not doing my research i know :( ) so i guess what I'm asking will this apple usb superdrive allow me to download the plugins required recognise my audio interface on logic ?
does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?
- Asked by Geoffrey P from Boonville
- 16 Mar 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?)
Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?
It'd be nice on my desk to have the Super Drive with my Late 2014 Mac Pro (cylinder tower) sitting on top of it as A) It looks good and B) it saves room considering the Super Drive has such a short cable (I know I could use an extension but then my desk is messier and the drive is further from the computer.
I just worry if the Super Drive has had any weight tests done on it. It's a good build with the nice metal case.
- Asked by Daniel W
- 9 Jun 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?)
Can I burn photos onto a cd with Macbook Pro Retina Display?
If I buy a superdrive can I then burn photos (JPEG) onto a CD without any additional software?
- Asked by Ashley K from Bermuda
- 4 Sep 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I burn photos onto a cd with Macbook Pro Retina Display?)
Does it work with Macbook Pro without retina display
- Asked by Ethel Ming Chi O from Saint Cloud
- 4 Apr 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with Macbook Pro without retina display)
will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina
- Asked by Stephen Y from Ipswich
- 29 Oct 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina)
Will this work on the new 13" Mac Book Pro? The text specifies a "Mac Book Pro with Retina Display". The new 13" MacBook Pro does not have Retina.
haw to play video from usb flash on macbook air
- Asked by Sharif M
- 31 Mar 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (haw to play video from usb flash on macbook air)
No answers yet