Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
can I use this adaptor for my iMac
The camera adaptor that I bought to download images from my Canon 5D to my iPadworks a treat! Can I use it to download from my camera to my new iMac?
Incidentally, Apple has set disastrous booby traps for the unwary: be careful, the slightest touch on the "Delete" option that comes up when one "Selects" images for downloading will permanently delate all your precious, irreplaceable photos from your camera memory card!!! It happened to me. I lost over 80 carefully taken photos during a trip to India - photos that I had meticulously planned a year in advance, after researching the Internet, for the best examples of the incredible examples of the art of "pieta dura" and other detailed decorative architectural detail in the Agra Red Fort and Itimad-ud-Daula's mausoleum. All gone in a flash, when I inattentively, inadvertently brushed a finger on the" Delete" option while scrolling!!!! Apple should never have crafted this unnecessary "Delete" option when one is merely trying to transfer/download images from camera to iPad. C'mon Apple geeks - get rid of this pitfall.
Apple: Super hardware, nicely designed, but the software is quirky and even daft! My PC was not as pretty, but was better in use!
- Asked by Michael A
- 13 Apr 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this adaptor for my iMac)
Does the "Lightning to USB Camera Adaptor'" support downloading audio files from a digital recorder to an iPad Air?
- Asked by Richard B from Farmingdale
- 12 Feb 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the "Lightning to USB Camera Adaptor'" support downloading audio files from a digital recorder to an iPad Air?)
can i use this adaptor for my iSIGHT camera
- Asked by J P D
- 25 Mar 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this adaptor for my iSIGHT camera)
No answers yet
Will this adaptor work to download photos from a nikon D3200 to an iphone 5c?
- Asked by Danielle G from Newton
- 11 Feb 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adaptor work to download photos from a nikon D3200 to an iphone 5c?)
Can I use this adaptor to down load pictures from my Sunpak high-speed card reader to my new iPad Mini 2
We have two cameras with 2 different cards. I have used the card reader on my lap-top but want to travel without it. the card reader has a USB plug and I need to get both kinds of cards to transfer to my new iPad Mini 2.
- Asked by Larry D from Ancaster
- 20 Mar 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adaptor to down load pictures from my Sunpak high-speed card reader to my new iPad Mini 2)
Can photos be downloaded directly from my Nikon Coolpix S9300 or will I need an adapter? Thank you.
I have an SD 8 gb.
- Asked by Anita C from Ridge Field
- 17 Jun 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can photos be downloaded directly from my Nikon Coolpix S9300 or will I need an adapter? Thank you.)
Can I edit /delete pictures on my camera using this accessory. Also can I edit/ delete the pictures on my SD card using the iPad SD reader adaptor?
I am trying to decide which one to buy.
Can the lighting power input be used to power USB devices and passive hub?
I can not figure out the full function of the ligning power input on the camera adaptor?
In description the port is used to power the phone/Ipad.
But I figured out that I can use a midi keyborad or an audio interface with the adaptor. It only works if I use a power source connected to the lightning port (Ipad charger). It seems like the power adaptor also power the slave device (MIDI or audio interface etc.).
Does it mean that I can power a usb hub through the lightning port on the camera adaptor or do the lightning port only charge the iphone/Ipad?
- Asked by Keld V
- 30 Jan 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the lighting power input be used to power USB devices and passive hub?)
Can it work with a barcode scanner with a USB?
I have a cloud based merchant operating system for my outdoor gear store and need to be able to connect a handheld scanner to my iPad (4th Gen). The Lightning adaptor to USB would have to be a female to accept the USB scanner.
- Asked by Charlie N from Kanab
- 14 Nov 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it work with a barcode scanner with a USB?)
No answers yet
Can I download pictures from a thumb drive to my iPad Air 2 or to my iPhone 5S using a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter?
- Asked by Steven M from West Hills
- 1 Jan 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download pictures from a thumb drive to my iPad Air 2 or to my iPhone 5S using a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter?)
Can I use with USB stick to get photos transferred?
I have many photos backed up on USB stick. I do not have another computer to sync in ITunes with, but I have my USB stick..... Will this adapter let me do this?
- Asked by Scott F from Penn Valley
- 4 Aug 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use with USB stick to get photos transferred?)
Can I use this device to connect to a Garmin sat nav?
To update a Garmin sat nav you have to connect it to a computer with a USB port. My iPad doesn’t have a USB port
- Asked by Stuart T
- 13 Jun 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this device to connect to a Garmin sat nav?)
Nikon d7200 and lightning to usb adapter
I have a problem with cable connection between Nikon d 7200 and lightning to usb cable . I cant open or download any picture. The connection stops.
I saw this “error” about 3 monts ago, i never had that problem before. I dont know what to do, becouse i need Raw pictures and i cant get them with Wifi.
- Asked by Ester F
- 10 Nov 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Nikon d7200 and lightning to usb adapter)
No answers yet
Can I connect iPhone 5s/PianoDiary to MAC/Sibelius First to import & export MIDI data via the Apple Camera connection kit ?
I use Yamaha PianoDiary app (on iPhone 5s) to RECORD midi from an external piano
ie. (iPhone 5S --> Apple Camera connection kit --> Roland UM-One to midi plugs (In and Out) --> External Piano.)
The PianoDiary app also allows me to PLAYBACK to the piano.
Alas, the MIDI is stored within a PianoDiary SQLite database and not as a midi file. So, no easy way to export and import.
Unable to get the PianoDiary app WiFi or Bluetooth working with a MAC so now I explore hard wiring from iPhone 5s to a MAC.
Could I treat the iPhone 5s/Pianodiary app as a MIDI instrument
i.e. (iPhone 5s/Pianodiary --> Apple Camera connection kit --> TypeA(Male) to TypeB(Female) adapter --> Regular USB cable --> Mac/Sibelius First.)
I could then press PLAY on the iPhone 5S and RECORD on the MAC to export from the iPhone and vice versa to import.
Is there any good reason why this hardwire approach wouldn't work using the Apple Camera connection kit ?
Is there a better way to do this connection via cable ? (I have given up on WiFi and Bluetooth)
Can I connect a USB headset
Like the Razer Kraken 7.1 Surround Sound Over Ear USB Gaming Headset
- Asked by Collin W from Hyde Park
- 19 Feb 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a USB headset)
No answers yet