Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Is the cable housing on the Lightning end of this adapter small enough to use with the new Apple iPhone 5/5s leather case?
I know that the cable housing on the Lightning end of this adapter is larger than it is on Apple's standard USB to Lightning cable. I am curious if this 30-pin to Lightning adapter is still small enough to fit through the opening at the bottom of Apple's new iPhone 5/5s leather case.
- Asked by Tim C from Arbor Vitae
- Sep 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the cable housing on the Lightning end of this adapter small enough to use with the new Apple iPhone 5/5s leather case?)
Is there a aux and usb cable to a lightning and aux cable?
I have a 2012 Mini Cooper which uses the 30 pin y adapter to aux and usb. Now that I upgraded my iPhone 4 to the 5s, I need a lightning and aux to the usb and aux. Does Apple make such a cable?
- Asked by Milton N from Silver Spring
- Jul 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a aux and usb cable to a lightning and aux cable?)
my car has Composite AV connections only. can i use the lightning adapter with my Apple Composite AV Cable to watch and charge Iphone5?
- Asked by Bristol R from Norfolk
- Jan 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (my car has Composite AV connections only. can i use the lightning adapter with my Apple Composite AV Cable to watch and charge Iphone5?)
Will this work as an extension to the BMW iDrive adapter cable? How long is the cable?
I have a 2010 550i. The iPhone 5 does not fit in the storage space with the rigid lightning adapter. If this works, I can store the iphone outside the console while being plugged in.
Has anybody used it for this purpose?
- Asked by Dan M from Glendora
- Feb 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work as an extension to the BMW iDrive adapter cable? How long is the cable?)
2012 hyundai accent adapter
I have a 2012 Hyundai Accent & the only way to plug my phone into my car is through this special adapter they gave me. It's part USB, part headphone jack-looking. It's made for an iPhone 4/4S & I know Hyundai doesn't make these anymore, especially for a 5/5S, so that leaves me in a bind. My question is, if I purchase this lightning to 30-pin adapter, will it work? Will it allow me to plug my phone into my car adapter, play music, charge my phone, etc.? I'm hoping this acts as a sort of converting extension cord.
- Asked by Sarah O from Tulsa
- Jan 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (2012 hyundai accent adapter)
No answers yet
Will this adapter fit into a Mophie case designed for the iPhone 4?!
I need a cable that will allow me to charge my 5S with my old iPhone 4/4S Mophie charging case. Need to check that it will fit the case before ordering! Thanks!!
- Asked by Luke J
- Jul 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter fit into a Mophie case designed for the iPhone 4?!)
connecting Iphone SE to 30 pin car dongle. Will the apple lightning adapter work
- Asked by Pam L from Yorktown Heights
- Sep 16, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (connecting Iphone SE to 30 pin car dongle. Will the apple lightning adapter work)
Can I use this adapter to charge an iPad Air 2 with the iPhone 4 30 pin cable and power outlet adapter?
My Hyundai car was shipped with a 30 pin adapter for iPhone 4/4S, witch connects to the panel through both a USB and a P2 audio cable. Using this 30 Pin to Lightning adapter, can I charge and listen to music with my iPad Air 2 in the car sound system? Also, can I use it to charge the iPad with the iPhone 4 cable and power outlet connector?
- Asked by João Paulo R from Sorocaba
- Nov 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to charge an iPad Air 2 with the iPhone 4 30 pin cable and power outlet adapter?)
Hi does this cable work exactly the same as the standard lightning-to-30-pin-adapter and will it allow my iPhone 6 to work fully with Parrot Mki 9200
I have a Pioneer AppRadio 3 with 30 pin Apple adapter. Will this allow me to still have audio, video and control of my iphone from the head unit?
I see some aftermarket lightning to 30 pin adapters do not support audio and video, so I would like to know whether the Apple version is giving you more functionality for this significantly more expensive product?
Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m) - Will it connect iPhone 5 to 2013 BMW 5 series iPhone 4 snap-in adapter and allow the adapter cover(s) to close?
The iPhone 4 or 4S adapter from BMW allows the iPhone 4, 4S to utilize all features of the BMW Apps built in to the entertainment system including charging the iPhone. The iPhone 5 will not connect to the BMW iPhone 4 adapter - thus the questions.
I understand the basic Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter (block) is too tall to work. Is this correct?
Lightning to 30 pin adapter (0.2m) Supported Accessories
Product Information states that "this 0.2 m long cabled adapter lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.*
*Some 30-pin accessories are not supported."
What are these "some 30 pin accessories" that are not supported?
Does it have video support for the Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter? Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter?
- Asked by Maricris M from Mandaluyong City
- Jun 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning to 30 pin adapter (0.2m) Supported Accessories)
Does the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter come in any other lengths?
I need to plug the 30 pin part into a connector in my glove compartment, which makes my iphone 6 hard to reach. Is there another way I can extend the length - another extension of some sort?
- Asked by Audrey A from Wilmington
- Jul 16, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter come in any other lengths?)
Will this work with iphone 5 and tom tom car kit
I currently have the iphone 4 and tom tom car kit. I thought if I attached this Adapter to the iphone 5s and to the tom tom car kit I would get audio or would I be better to use the pro-cable charge cable at Macfixit with 30 pin connector at one end but both USB plug and 3.5mm audio jack at the other end?
- Asked by Kathy B from Sydney
- Sep 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with iphone 5 and tom tom car kit)
How flexible is the cable?
I plan on installing this in my car glove box, but there isn't enough space to fit the 30-pin adapter without the cable. I was hoping to be able to bend the cable so that both connectors are right underneath each other - has anyone tried this and determined if this will work without putting too much stress on the cable?
- Asked by James L from Upland
- Oct 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How flexible is the cable?)
Is there a fire wire male to female adapter or cable?
I have an iPad mini in a life lock case and there isn't room to plug in utilities.
- Asked by Robert G from California
- Jun 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a fire wire male to female adapter or cable?)
what is the warranty on the lightning to 30-pin adapter
- Asked by Robert R from Clarks Summit
- Dec 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the warranty on the lightning to 30-pin adapter)
Does this lightning to 30 pin adapter work to connect iphone 4 to ipad mini?
Can I transfer pictures, contacts, etc from iphone 4 to ipad mini with this adapter?
- Asked by Jo Anne D from Cape Girardeau
- Dec 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this lightning to 30 pin adapter work to connect iphone 4 to ipad mini?)
I have an old iPad3, and so I've got the 12W power adapter for it so would this cable plug into it so i could charge my iPad???
I don't have the lightning hole, i have the old longer one.