Similar questions from the community
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
- Asked by Robert A from Ashland
- Dec 14, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?)
Apple MD826ZM/A Lightning Connector to Digital AV Adapter can be used for mirroring Iphone 7 plus to Pioneer AVX 8890 BT?
I am trying to mirror my IPHONE 7 Plus to Pioneer AVX 8890 BT to use Google maps as it will not work on car play mode. I got two USB and HDMI out from Pioneer AVX 8890BT. Car play works fine but as you all know, it will not show up google map and many other programs available on IPHONE 7. If you have a better solution than this, please let me know.
- Asked by Reggie T from Kochi
- Jul 24, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple MD826ZM/A Lightning Connector to Digital AV Adapter can be used for mirroring Iphone 7 plus to Pioneer AVX 8890 BT?)
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- Jan 19, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
Is any setup required on iPad for using Lightning Digital AV Adapter
I saw "Now bring up the Control Centre, swipe left and choose Video Output to enable specific content from your iPhone to be sent to your TV", but I could not find Video Output in Control Center screen. Mine is 2017 iPad new.
- Asked by Luyin R from Mipitas
- Apr 25, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is any setup required on iPad for using Lightning Digital AV Adapter)
Can I watch virgin media tv app or sky sports app on my television using my lightning digital AV adaptor
When i try to use it it just comes up with error message or unfortunately we are not allowed to stream video via video out or via screen mirroring.
It has also came up with due to licensing restrictions this output isn’t supported
Can somebody please help me overcome this problem if possible
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Jun 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?
Just wondering if you know whether this works? I would like to buy a Lightning Digital AV adapter to use with HDMI projectors and devices but since sometimes all a client has is a VGA connector I would like to use a standard HDMI to VGA converter. That would be a lot cheaper than also buying a Lightning to VGA adapter since both are $49.
- Asked by Robert P from Fishers
- Jan 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?)
is audio possible using lightning digital av adapter iPhone 7 with the 1/8 adapter? Is there a setting adjustment i need to make on the iPhone?
- Asked by Gary Y from Crystal Springs
- Mar 5, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (is audio possible using lightning digital av adapter iPhone 7 with the 1/8 adapter? Is there a setting adjustment i need to make on the iPhone?)
Hulu and the iphone 5
I have a iphone 4 and watched Hulu thur my lcd tv and I have just got a iphone 5 and will have to replace my cables, the salepersom at radio shack told me I needed a Lighting to 30 pin adapter and to use my old 30 pin HDMI cables for my iphone 4. I just pluged it in today and all I get is sound no video on the my tv only but I do get video on the iphone 5 screen , I was told I really needed a Lightning Digital AV Adapter but was thinking is hulu still doing iphone to tv video output on the iphone 5?
- Asked by Jimmy V from Earlington
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Hulu and the iphone 5)
No answers yet
Extra uses for the Lightning Digital AV Adapter?
Hello, excuse me I have a question:
Am I able to use this adapter to use the iPad Air as the main display of a Mac mini?.
Thanks for your time!.
- Asked by Cedric Gabriel C from Los Angeles
- Feb 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Extra uses for the Lightning Digital AV Adapter?)
Can I watch to shows that I bought on iTunes through the Lightning digital AV adapter?
Hi I have a lg 4K ultra hdtv can I watch to show I bought on iTunes with the Lightning digital AV adapter and also can I play games on my iPhone 6s to go through to the tv so it's a bigger screen ? Your help would be much appreciated.
- Asked by Zoe - Ann D
- Mar 10, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch to shows that I bought on iTunes through the Lightning digital AV adapter?)
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.
This is the only reason I want to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and was about to purchase until I saw someone saying you couldn't watch on-demand TV using this cable. That's the first I've heard of this though, so not sure if this is true or not.
I actually subscribe to Eurosport Player which is great on the iPad, but would be good to have the option to watch on a big TV, without going down the AirPlay route.
Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?
I just got the adapter but my phone screen will not show up when i plug it in via HDMI. I thought it was the hdmi cable but i have tried others and they do not work. I am starting to think my Lightning Digital Adapter is broken and I'm gonna have to return it.
- Asked by John M from Chicago
- Feb 10, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?)
Is the apple lightning to digital av adapter an hdcp compatible device?
Community has had so many contradicting answers abt if can watch Netflix, Hulu and many others, am just trying to find out if the apple hdmi adapter is actually compatible with hdcp copyrighted contrnt
- Asked by Patrick H from Meyersdale
- Dec 19, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the apple lightning to digital av adapter an hdcp compatible device?)
To avoid having to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, could I connect a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to a USB-C to Lightning Cable?
iPad>USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 meter, $19.00)>USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter ($69.00)>HDMI display
- Asked by José Gerardo A from San Antonio
- Oct 12, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (To avoid having to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, could I connect a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to a USB-C to Lightning Cable?)
Lightning Digital AV adaptor - hdmi to usb converter for digital audio to DAC does it work?
Can the lightning digital AV adaptor be used to extract digital sound from the Ipod 5? I would like to play back through my DAC and Integrated amplifier. Input to the DAC is USB B. So can I use a HDMI to USB converter to play digital music out from the Ipod 5? Using the lighning to 30pin adaptor does not work.
- Asked by Jeff S from Clarington
- Jan 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV adaptor - hdmi to usb converter for digital audio to DAC does it work?)