Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
If I use this with my ipad to connect to a audio interface namely the Focusrite 6i6 could I use the the adapter to charge the iPad at the same time
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- 22 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?)
Will this device work with my Sony D-50 audio recorder? And will it work with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface?
These devices are using universal protocols but I am not sure the adapter + iPad/iPhone support this. It does on OSX though.
If I use this with a 12.9" iPad Pro and a USB 3 audio interface will the interface be using USB 3.0 speeds for the audio data?
- Asked by Eric K from Madison
- 22 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use this with a 12.9" iPad Pro and a USB 3 audio interface will the interface be using USB 3.0 speeds for the audio data?)
Can we use this adapter to simultaneously connect to an Ethernet adapter AND charge the iOS device at the same time? Thanks
- Asked by Echeyde C from Palo Alto
- 23 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we use this adapter to simultaneously connect to an Ethernet adapter AND charge the iOS device at the same time? Thanks)
Does the powered camera connection kit power the iPad also (i.e. whilst connected to a 'Steinberg UR22 mk2' USB self powered audio interface)?
iPad Pro 9.7" CCK charging question
Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?
I have have an Irig pro audio interface which uses lightning to connect to my iPhone.
I was wondering if the second lightning adapter port is fullly functional and not just for power?
My iteration is to plug in a usb keyboard into the USB port and use the other lightning port for the the irig audio interface.
- Asked by Stephen M
- 19 Nov 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?)
Can a portable HDD be connected to an iPad Pro using this adapter? If it's possible, it will be a huge hit, in my opinion.
Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?
In the compatibility list says it is, but it doesn't work with mine, it says "the connected device requieres too much power". I'm using the iPad power adapter ofcourse. The device i'm trying to connect is a Focusrite 2i2, it works just fine with the iPhone SE, but the iPad is not working with it. Please let me know if there's a fix for this, thanks!
- Asked by Ivan V
- 9 Mar 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?)
Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
I would like to know if the USB 3 port is powered, and if so how many watts of power it provides.
- Asked by Anish B from Girraween
- 4 Apr 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?)
Could this connect a usb hard drive to an iPad Pro... Could I watch home videos on the iPad from said hard drive? Many thanks
Will use usb flash drive work on iPad
- Asked by Rashmi T from Mumbai
- 27 Jul 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will use usb flash drive work on iPad)
No answers yet
Can I plug an Apple Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and then into an iPadPro(mini)?
I want to use the small iPadPro with a wired network connection, with video HDMI out and keep it all powered up.
It looks like it is physically possible to connect the Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into the iPad then attach a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to that and then power that adaptor. But will it work?
Can I use my iPad Pro 256Gb as data storage from the USB3 Camera storage Adapter
As a film maker, I'm always backing up data (Video File) in the field. Can I transfer from a USB card reader onto the iPad as data and retrieve from the iPad in my studio later?
- Asked by Gary C.j. S from Chermside West
- 1 Apr 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my iPad Pro 256Gb as data storage from the USB3 Camera storage Adapter)
Can I use this to connect a portable SSD to the iPad Pro 9.7 or 12.9 inch models?
- Asked by Corinne C from New South Wales
- 22 Mar 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect a portable SSD to the iPad Pro 9.7 or 12.9 inch models?)