Questions & Answers for OS X Lion (10.7)
145 Questions from the Community
I have a imac 10.6.8 2 GHz Intel Core Duo iMac4,1 what can I upgrade to, is it possible to upgrade to 10.7? also is it possible to upgrade to later os
what is the newest os i can upgrade to, are there any intermediate OS versions i need to use as steeping stones?
spec for my Machine;
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM41.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.1f5
Serial Number (system): CK61000TU2S
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CB84ECABBest Answer:
Best way to find out is to check your system at:
every mac dot com
They will tell you the maximum OS you can run.
In general as long as you are running a fully updated version of Snow Leopard you can go directly to any higher OS.
No stepping stones needed.
If this is your system - you are at the maximum OS supported by Apple.
- Answered by Stephen P from Warwick
- May 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have a imac 10.6.8 2 GHz Intel Core Duo iMac4,1 what can I upgrade to, is it possible to upgrade to 10.7? also is it possible to upgrade to later os)
Can I install lion on my mid 2012 macbook pro 15" ?
- Asked by Jordan A
- Dec 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install lion on my mid 2012 macbook pro 15" ?)
How to Download Lion 10.7 from the apple store I am currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and want to update to Lion
- Asked by Rebecca C from Echuca
- Jul 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How to Download Lion 10.7 from the apple store I am currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and want to update to Lion)
I cloud capability
I have a very old MacBook since before 2009, I successfully upgraded my Software system to Snow Leopard but since recently purchasing an iPad I would like to use the iCloud. Will upgrading to OS X Lion enable me to use the iCloud. I cannot upgrade to a later software system as my computer is too retro and won't allow it. Sad Face.
- Asked by Stephanie B
- Feb 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I cloud capability)
for iCloud, one needs X. 7.2 minimum plus min. spare 2GB.
- Answered by Jacqueline C
- Apr 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I cloud capability)
when i try to buy via apple.com it requires shipping address. since delivery is via email, how do i override this to proceed with the purchase?