Questions & Answers for PROMISE VTrak x30 Series 32TB (16x 2TB SAS) 3U RAID Subsystem
3 Questions + 4 Answers
3 Questions from the Community
can it be connected with older xsan?
Were using xsan for storage only (7TB capacity), we want to upgrade our storage capacity, so were looking for another storage that is compatible with what were using now. can it be connected to the san that were using and be view as another volume by client computers? What would you recommend? thank you
- Asked by Alex D
- Jan 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be connected with older xsan?)
does this work with metaSAN? metaSAN iSCSI?
can i thin provision drives as I need them? is the software sophisticated enough to let me create LUNS of size X when i only have 1/2 that amount in actual spindles...allowing me to add drives as I go?
- Asked by Matthew H from Austin
- Aug 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work with metaSAN? metaSAN iSCSI?)
Can you use this with the mac mini server?
Also is there any cables available to transfer the serial cable to a other input type?
- Asked by Matthew W
- Apr 17, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this with the mac mini server?)
You can use this with a Mac Mini Server if you use a thunderbolt to fibre channel adapter such as the Promise SANLink.
You can also set up a Mac Mini as the metadata controller with the adapter if you don't want to spend the money on a Mac Pro.
- Answered by Sean W from Fort Collins
- Dec 14, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you use this with the mac mini server?)