Questions & Answers for D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD Camera
23 Questions from the Community
can I connect more then 1 phone to the D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD Camera
- Asked by Leon B from Southbank
- May 26, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect more then 1 phone to the D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD Camera)
If you set this up for HomeKit using the Home app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 10 or later then it's available to all your iOS/watchOS devices using the same iCloud account, and anyone else you share access to your Home(Kit enabled home) with.
- Answered by Jeremy E
- Jun 25, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I connect more then 1 phone to the D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD Camera)
If motion is detected when away from home, does video image record onto iPhone as well
When receiving video alerts to iPhone or iPad does it record to phone memory as well as sd card,
- Asked by Nicholas P
- Apr 9, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (If motion is detected when away from home, does video image record onto iPhone as well)
On the D-Link website, support section, searching on "DSH-C310", and viewing the FAQs, I found the following answers to two separate questions:
"Apple currently does not support cloud recording via the HomeKit ecosystem for security reasons, so there is currently no way to record video from any HomeKit camera to the cloud. D-Link does not currently offer any alternative cloud recording mechanism, other than a microSD card slot on the camera. You can configure motion detection-based recording which will be automatically saved to a microSD card inserted into the card slot. Recorded video clips can be played back on mobile devices using the Omna app, or the microSD card can be removed from the device and read using a computer."
"The 180 Cam HD’s motion detection feature can trigger alerts when it detects movement within its field of view. This detection can produce a notification on your mobile device, trigger local recording to a microSD card, or initiate an automation policy. Motion detection is turned on by default in both the Omna and Home apps."
If I understand the D-Link answers correctly the answer to your question is NO, it will not record to your iPhone. It will only record to the internal SD Card.
- Answered by Mark W from Chantilly
- Dec 4, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (If motion is detected when away from home, does video image record onto iPhone as well)