Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
299 Questions from the Community
does this work with iphone4s?
- Asked by Raiyan Z from Kl
- Dec 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work with iphone4s?)
Unless you have some kind of mutant 4S that has a lightning connector, no.
- Answered by Timothy T from Houston
- Dec 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does this work with iphone4s?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- May 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
Can you get audio from the lightning connection?
I want to use of my iPhone to a second display in my car while still using the factory audio integration.
- Asked by John B from Sault Ste Marie
- Nov 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you get audio from the lightning connection?)
what's the "difference's?.. between a digital AV adapter & a digital AV lightening adapter. I have an iPad Air and want to watch programs etc. via tvAnswer
I assume you are referring to the 30-PIN Digital AV Adapter vs Lightning Digital AV adapter. The first one uses the old 30-PIN connector while the latter uses the new lightning connector. Check whether your device uses lightning or 30-PIN connector.
- Answered by Philgin E from Burbank
- Mar 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what's the "difference's?.. between a digital AV adapter & a digital AV lightening adapter. I have an iPad Air and want to watch programs etc. via tv)
After pluging it up to the Ipad mini and TV, is there a setting on the iPad to switch over
Using the iPad mini and the TV to watch, is there a setting I need to switch over to make it work, or just by plugging it in, it will show.
- Asked by Keith C from Hagerstown
- Mar 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (After pluging it up to the Ipad mini and TV, is there a setting on the iPad to switch over)
The text for this adapter says both "up to 720p HD" and "up to 1080p". Which is it? (The text for the 30-pin digital adapter does a better job.)
The text for your new Lightning Digital AV Adapter needs a clearer explanation of its resolution limits. The older 30-pin Digital AV Adapter says your iPad is mirrored on an "HDMI-compatible display in up to 1080p HD (movies play at up to 720p)." Are the same limitations in effect here?
- Asked by Barton W from Natick
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (The text for this adapter says both "up to 720p HD" and "up to 1080p". Which is it? (The text for the 30-pin digital adapter does a better job.))
If i buy this product can I stream LoveFilm onto my HD TV?
I've read that you can stream some on-demand services, but will it work with LoveFilm, and even with BBC iPlayer, 4od, 5 demand and ITV player? Thanks
- Asked by Callum B
- Apr 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (If i buy this product can I stream LoveFilm onto my HD TV?)
If by "iPad 4", you mean either "iPad with Retina display" or "iPad mini 4", then YES. See the Compatibility list for this product for details on compatible iPads as of this date:
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 4
iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
- Answered by Daniel R from Madison
- Apr 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does lighting 8 pin cable digital AV adapter work on ipad4)
I'm a big fan of gta and I have them all in my iPhone 6 plus does anyone know if the av adaptor will work with playing them on my TV
Is there a way to control Play/Stop volume +/- connected iPad from iPhone or app?
Due to short adapter it is hard to play and pause movies played via airplay in which you have to move physically to the iPad to do so. Can I get an app to work as a remote control?
- Asked by Haitham A from Santa Monica
- Mar 10, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to control Play/Stop volume +/- connected iPad from iPhone or app?)
When using a 40 ft & a 50 ft HDMI cable mirroring would not work. When I changed to a 10 ft HDMI cable it works fine. What's the length restriction?
No answers yet
Will this fit with a iPhone 5 Lifeproof case?
- Asked by Mark D from Andover
- Nov 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this fit with a iPhone 5 Lifeproof case?)
The plug is the same size as the stock charging plug. so if the stock plug works, this will fit.
- Answered by Robert R from Menifee
- Dec 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this fit with a iPhone 5 Lifeproof case?)
Is any setup required on iPad for using Lightning Digital AV Adapter
I saw "Now bring up the Control Centre, swipe left and choose Video Output to enable specific content from your iPhone to be sent to your TV", but I could not find Video Output in Control Center screen. Mine is 2017 iPad new.
- Asked by Luyin R from Mipitas
- Apr 25, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is any setup required on iPad for using Lightning Digital AV Adapter)
Best 4:3 monitor for (cropped) full screen native resolution in iPad Pro?
I have this adapter and an iPad Pro. When using it to connect my 1080p monitor it shows "1080p" resolution but there are black bars left and right. So the optimal monitor would have to be 4:3 (as the iPad) but since the black bars are embedded into the image it would also have to crop them. Any suggestion for a monitor that can do this?
- Asked by Christian T
- Aug 5, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Best 4:3 monitor for (cropped) full screen native resolution in iPad Pro?)
Does this work with Flixster?
I've read the horror story reviews of all the services and apps that this does not work with. I'm going to go ahead an assume it works with the native iOS video app and will play video sourced through iTunes, but I would also like to know if it will work with the Flixster app and play UltraViolet content.
- Asked by Andrew Y
- Mar 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Flixster?)