Questions & Answers for Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
144 Questions from the Community
That should be possible. Your Thunderbolt Display and this adapter would absolutely work to enable that, however you would need to check with Alienware and see if it is supported on their end. On Apple's end, there is no reason for it not to work.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Oct 30, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this adapter to Connect my Apple Thunderbolt Display to the Thunderbolt 3 Port of my Alienware PC ???)
Ethernet and USB Pass Through?
If I use this adapter and connect it to an Apple Thunderbolt Display, will the Ethernet and USB signals from the display pass through to the MacBook Pro via USB-C?
- Asked by Ernest C from Los Angeles
- Oct 28, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Ethernet and USB Pass Through?)
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Nov 5, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Ethernet and USB Pass Through?)
Will I be able to access all ports and devices connected to the ports on the back of my Apple Thunderbolt Display?
Apple Thunderbolt Display (27") has the following ports on the back:
Currently, if I connect my Apple Thunderbolt Display to my old MacbBook Pro via Thunderbolt 2. I can access devices such as USB thumb-drives, external hard drives, other thunderbolt devices and even ethernet connection.
If I connect the Apple Thunderbolt Display to the new MacBook Pro's Thunderbolt 3 via this adapter (Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2). Will I be able to access, file transfer and make use of these ports on the back of the display through the new MacBook Pro late 2016?
If not all of the ports, which ones?
- Asked by Oscar V from Houston
- Nov 4, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I be able to access all ports and devices connected to the ports on the back of my Apple Thunderbolt Display?)
connecting a USB-C drive to an older Thunderbolt 2 MacBook Pro
Just purchased a USB-C ext. drive that I want to use for my Time Machine B/U with an older MBP 15 that uses TB2. The new drive will connect to my USB-2 port but I want the faster TB2 speed. What adapter can I buy that will connect the USB-C to the TB2 port on my mac?
- Asked by Nick C from Clearwater
- Jul 13, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (connecting a USB-C drive to an older Thunderbolt 2 MacBook Pro)