HP PageWide Pro 477dw All-in-One Color Printer
HP’s PageWide Pro 477dw colour printer delivers high performance without compromise. Save up to 40% on your colour cost per page, versus laser printers, while printing faster than other colour lasers in their class. Get the best-in-class total cost of ownership and fastest speeds, plus the world’s most secure printing and best-in-class energy efficiency, with the HP PageWide printers.
Main functions of the printer for Mac include auto two-sided print and scan, copy, fax, wireless printing, AirPrint, colour touchscreen
Best-in-class print speeds — up to 55 pages per minute
Input tray paper capacity up to 500 sheets; duty cycle delivers up to 4,500 pages/month
This AirPrint printer is designed for your iPhone or iPad; print through online services like iCloud with the HP Smart app, or print even without a network using Wi-Fi Direct printing
Print at the pace of business — first pages are ready in as fast as 6.5 seconds
Best-in-class security for your device, data and documents with a portfolio of solutions, such as PIN entry at the device to retrieve your print job
Choose Original HP Ink cartridges for great results — and print up to 2.5 times more pages with optional XL high-yield cartridges
Paper sizes supported include letter, legal, statement, executive, 7.62x12.7 cm (3x5 in.), 10.16x15.24 cm (4x6 in.), 12.7x17.78 cm (5x7 in.), 12.7x20.32 cm (5x8 in.), envelopes (No. 10, Monarch)
What’s in the Box
HP PageWide Pro 477dw All-in-One Color Printer
HP 972A Setup cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
CD-ROMs (for software, Mac and Windows printer drivers)
Software drivers and documentation on CD-ROM
Built-in duplexer and fax
Connections: AirPrint , Ethernet, USB 2, Wireless
Other Functions: Copy, Fax, Scanner
Height: 46.74 cm/18.4 in.
Length: 69.34 cm/27.3 in.
Width: 80.26 cm/31.6 in.
Weight: 22.15 kg
Black print speed: Up to 55 ISO ppm
Black resolution: 1200 by 1200 dpi
Color print speed: Up to 55 ISO ppm
Color resolution: 2400 by 2400 dpi
Trays: Two (three optional)
Max Paper Size: 21.59 by 35.56 cm/8.5 by 14 in.
Min Paper Size: 7.62 by 12.7 cm/3 by 5 in.
Other Paper Handling Features: Automatic Document Feeder, Duplex Printing
Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing
Printer Ink Tanks: Four (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
Printer Technology: Laser
Scanner resolution: Up to 1200 by 1200 dpi
Operating System: Mac OS X v10.8, 10.9, 10.10 or later, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3 or later
UPC or EAN No.: 889296726197
Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air 2
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018–2019)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 - 2019)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 - 2019)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 and later)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 2015)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
The description is utterly contradictory... Is it Laser or InkJet? Is it some kind of new Laser that uses ink?
- Asked by Simone L from Windsor
- on 3 Apr 2020
Can I connect his wireless to my Mac and also can I print directly from iPad .
- Asked by DIPAK P from ROYSTON
- on 29 Sep 2016
Yes, as stated in the product description.
- Answered by Caspar A from London
- on 10 Jun 2019
Does this printer work with the Apple OS X El Capitan operating system?
- Asked by Kenneth M from Edinburgh
- on 30 Jul 2016