IK Multimedia iRig HD 2 Guitar and Bass Interface
IK Multimedia’s iRig HD 2 is a high-quality guitar and bass interface for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac. With professional sound quality and multiple output options, iRig HD 2 makes it easy to connect to your favourite recording, practice and performance apps on both iOS devices and Mac.
iRig HD 2 offers a 1/4-inch instrument preamp with adjustable gain to let you set the optimal level for your guitar, and a multi-colour LED to let you know visually when you’re dialled in. 24-bit, 96kHz digital converters ensure great sound quality when recording or playing live.
There’s a 1/4-inch output to easily connect an amplifier or mixer. An FX/THRU switch lets you choose between a processed or clean version of your guitar’s signal, giving you more flexibility in how you integrate your Apple device into your guitar rig. iRig HD 2 also offers an 1/8-inch headphone output with adjustable volume for silent practice.
As part of the package, you get AmpliTube 4, IK’s award-winning amplifier and FX modelling software for Mac, along with a full version of AmpliTube for iOS devices. So you can be up and creating music in minutes on either your Mac or your iPhone or iPad.
1/4-inch instrument input for guitar, bass and other instruments
Adjustable input gain and multi-colour LED make getting the perfect levels easy
1/4-inch AMP output easily connects to an amplifier or mixer
1/8-inch Headphone output for silent practice
24-bit, 96kHz digital converters for pristine audio quality
Includes Lightning and USB cables to connect to all your Apple devices
Comes with AmpliTube 4 for Mac and code for unlocking full version of AmpliTube for iOS
Compatible with hundreds of music apps on both iOS and Mac, including GarageBand and Logic
What’s in the Box
IK Multimedia iRig HD 2 Guitar and Bass Interface
Mic stand support and Velcro strap
Lightning to micro USB cable
USB to micro USB cable
AmpliTube 4 serial card
Serial number to unlock AmpliTube Full app (register by downloading free version of AmpliTube from the App Store)
Input Type: 1/8 Inch Stereo, 1/4 Inch Mono
Height: 2.1 cm/0.8 in.
Length: 10 cm/3.9 in.
Width: 3.9 cm/1.53 in.
Weight: 51.03 g/1.8 oz.
UPC or EAN No.: 8025813776036
Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- iPad Air (3rd Generation)
- iPad mini (5th Generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd Generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad (6th Generation)
- iPad (5th Generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd Generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st Generation)
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air (1st Generation)
- 12-inch MacBook
- 13-inch MacBook Air with Retina display
- 13-inch MacBook Air
- 11-inch MacBook Air
- 13-inch MacBook Pro - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- 13-inch MacBook Pro
- 15-inch MacBook Pro - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- 15-inch MacBook Pro
- 21.5-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- 21.5-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 2
- 27-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- 27-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 2
- iMac Pro
- Mac Pro
- Mac mini - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- Mac mini
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- iPod touch (6th Generation)
Answers from the community
Can this connect to electronic drum kit?
No answers yet
- Asked by Wong C from Singapore
- on 26-Nov-2018
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
Want to turn your device into the ultimate mobile guitar and bass tone studio? AmpliTube puts the power in your hands with a massive collection of virtual gear that you can use to practice, play and record with world-class tone anytime and everywhere.
Build your own guitar or bass rig with up to 6 stompbox FX, an amplifier and speaker cabinet w/mic.
Just plug your instrument into your iPhone or iPod touch with one of IK's instrument interfaces like iRig 2 or iRig HD 2, and get ready to be blown away.
AmpliTube gives you 7 stompbox effects, 3 amplifiers, 3 speaker cabinets and 2 mics, a free Loop Drummer Rock groove pack and a 2-track recorder. You can expand this selection via a massive library of over 100 pieces of gear that includes amps and stompboxes from the world’s best brands like Fender™, Soldano®, Ampeg®, ENGL®, Orange®, T-Rex® and many more.
Thanks to AmpliTube's Cab Room, you will actually feel like you are in your own professional recording studio. Mic your cabinets in full 3D in a beautifully rendered virtual studio environment with 2 iconic guitar mics (expandable to 16 mic models available via in-app purchase).
Get creative with loops in AmpliTube via its Super Looper, which is available through in-app purchase. It makes it easy to record, play back, adjust levels and play along with up to 4 loops. Loops are easy to set and trigger, with external control for live use.
Need a drummer? Use the built-in Loop Drummer system to jam to killer drum tracks. Use AmpliTube’s streamlined built-in 8-track recorder and DAW-style studio (available via in-app purchase) to record, edit, tweak and share your songs via SoundCloud, file sharing or email.
Ready to get out of the studio? AmpliTube’s new Live Mode offers an optimized GUI designed specifically for live use. See your entire rig at a glance, with all the settings and controls you need displayed in an easy-to-read format designed for the stage.
And control your virtual rig just as easily as you would a traditional multiFX pedal with new iRig Stomp I/O integration, so you can change presets, trigger FX, loops and more all right from your feet. Or go wireless with iRig Blueboard, a wireless Bluetooth controller for basic control on the go.
Whether it’s at home, in the studio or on stage, AmpliTube is the dream rig you’ve always wanted, in a device that’s always with you!
AmpliTube CS features:
• Lets you easily create guitar & bass rigs with up to 6 stomps, 1 amp and 1 cab with 2 mics
• Expandable - Over 100 gear models available
• Includes 7 stomps, 3 amp, 3 cabinet and 2 mics
• Cab Room allows 3D placement and miking of cabinets with 2 mics (available via in-app purchase)
• Add more gear via in-app purchase from Fender™, Soldano®, Ampeg®, ENGL®, Orange®, Jimi Hendrix™ collection, T-Rex® and more
• Live Mode shows you your entire rig at a glance, with all the parameters you need on stage easily accessible
• Included 2-track recorder (in-app purchase unlocks up to 8-tracks)
• Studio mode for intuitive DAW-style editing (unlocked via in-app purchase)
• Loop drummer module that plays in sync with the recorder
• Includes speed trainer, metronome and tuner
• Inter-App Audio and AudioBus support
• Project sharing between versions and devices
• Import and play songs as backing tracks from your Music Library or computer
• Export audio via E-mail, SoundCloud or File Sharing
• MIDI controllable and with built-in integration for iRig Stomp I/O, iRig Blueboard and other controllers
• Low-latency for real-time playing