How do I get an app stuck on vertical view to rotate to horizontal view
- Asked by Carol F from Richland
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I get an app stuck on vertical view to rotate to horizontal view)
2 Answers from the Community
Some apps you cannot view on horizontal. Some are set up to only go vertically. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Shirley M from Mooresville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If the app is able to viewed on horizontal view - the rotation lock may be on causing it to only be on a vertical view (portrait).
First check on the top right hand side of the screen (status bar). If there is a 'padlock' symbol inside an arrow, that means that the rotation lock is on.
There are two ways to turn this off.
One: Access the shortcut menu (Control Center)
Swipe up from the bezel (edge) of your device - if the same symbol is 'highlighted' (white background), then touch the symbol to turn it off.
Two: Access the settings
Go to Settings > General > (depending on which iOS - operating system) it might say "use side switch to Lock Rotation".
Some iPad models do not have the side switch, so accessing the rotation lock through the shortcut menu would be the only option.
Hope this helps. :)
- Answered by Tracey G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Notes on iPhone se all disappeared how do I get them back
- Asked by Larry R from Crestwood
- Flag as inappropriate (Notes on iPhone se all disappeared how do I get them back)
- Asked about: iPhone
My ipad shows a message on my messages. But there is no message. Hiw do I get hid of it
- Asked by Becky Ann N from North Woodstock
- Flag as inappropriate (My ipad shows a message on my messages. But there is no message. Hiw do I get hid of it)