I have a iPad Pro 9.7”. Can I charge with this adapter. I already have one for my MacBook, so I can use that for my iPad. I don’t need faster-charging
- Asked by fn
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a iPad Pro 9.7”. Can I charge with this adapter. I already have one for my MacBook, so I can use that for my iPad. I don’t need faster-charging)
- Asked about: 30W USB-C Power Adapter
1 Answer from the Community
TLDR: Yes, paired with an Apple USB-C to Lightning Cable, it will charge any Apple Lightning device.
I use +Apple's USB-C to Lightning Cable to charge my iPad Air 2 9.7", iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 7 and wife's iPhone X. It charges all the devices without issue. Drastically faster charging on my iPhone 7, the iPhone X and the iPad Pro 10.5". The iPad Air 2 gets charged very infrequently (rarely used) but it charges that at least as quickly as the 12W adapter that came with that one. I would expect that it would charge your iPad Pro 9.7" at least as quickly as the included charger, perhaps faster. Just make sure you have the correct cable, it does not have a standard USB-A output port.
Anecdotally, I also use it to charge my Nintendo Switch in portable mode (have not tested personally, but have read that it does NOT work with the Switch Dock in TV Mode, but it will charge the Switch in portable mode). I've used it to charge USB-C battery packs and even tried charging an Apple Pencil with it. No issues at at all.
- Answered by Scott S from Laguna Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How long does 6 generation 9.7’ iPad takes to charge completely?
- Asked by Deependra S from Lucknow
- Flag as inappropriate (How long does 6 generation 9.7’ iPad takes to charge completely?)
Will the new 9.7" iPad (March 2018) support the Smart Keyboard?
- Asked by Sandra A from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new 9.7" iPad (March 2018) support the Smart Keyboard?)