how to manage storage
I keep getting messages that I need to manage my sorage because it is almost full. then after going into settings and general I get to storage &iCloud usage. I have a lot of space on iCloud. but very little in the iPhone storage. then when I go to manage store the only option it shows is to delete files/apps. I just want to move some of these to iCloud. how can I do it?
- Asked by Antonio N from San Marcos
- Flag as inappropriate (how to manage storage)
1 Answer from the Community
You cannot "move" things to the cloud I am afraid.
The iCloud mirrors the contents on your iPhone, this means if you delete something from your iPhone it deletes from the cloud.
You will need to remove items from your device.
Actually I would recommend you contact AppleCare to look into this as there are several things you can try to get some space in your phone.
1.remove unused apps
2.remove old songs
3."optimize storage" on your photos
www.apple.com yourcountry support contact (use slash instead of space)
- Answered by Vasileios R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What is Other in storage mean?
- Asked by Monicia M from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (What is Other in storage mean?)
No answers yet
My icloud says i have a lot of space free but the storage of my phone is always full no matter how many things i delete it's still full.. SOS
Description says moves photos from SD cards, etc. Does it also move video? Can process be reversed & can move from Apple device to storage?
- Asked by Marlene D from Fisherville
- Flag as inappropriate (Description says moves photos from SD cards, etc. Does it also move video? Can process be reversed & can move from Apple device to storage?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader