If wifi and cellular are available which network will the iPhone 6s choose to use?
- Asked by Robert V from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate (If wifi and cellular are available which network will the iPhone 6s choose to use?)
2 Answers from the Community
The phone will always choose Wi-Fi before cellular. If Wi-Fi reception is Poor, the Wi-Fi assist will use cellular data automatically. This is a minor amount of data usually but if it's a concern can be turned off in Settings > Cellular > Wi-Fi Assist.
- Answered by Rob W from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I believe it uses cellular, maybe because it responds first. I was running up large data usage charges with both wi-fi and cellular turned on. I turned off cellular data and started to use wi-fi, and my data charges were gone.
- Answered by Joann M from Redwood City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
when will the iphone6s be available to work with the walabot device
- Asked by Donald H from Yorba Linda
- Flag as inappropriate (when will the iphone6s be available to work with the walabot device)
what cell phone has the best antena or get the best reception my husbands iPhone 6plus works great but my iPhone 6 does not. has the 8 improved?