Is the iPhone 7 waterproof ??
- Asked by fn from Bridgeport
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the iPhone 7 waterproof ??)
8 Answers from the Community
The iPhone 7 is not waterproof, but is water resistant. Water resistant means the phone could easily survive a splash of water, or a quick dip into water. I wouldn't take a iPhone 7 into water while swimming to take pictures because you never know when the iPhone will reach its depth or time in water and start to bug out. So it could be considered semi-waterproof, but no device is 100% waterproof because it is an electronics and one of electronics worst enemy is water.
- Answered by Matthew L from Pulteney
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The iPhone 7 is IP67 which means it is Completely sealed from dust and water. It can be submerged under water at a depth of 1 Meter for 30mins. But apple doesn't recommend you submerging it and your iphone is not covered under warranty for water damage. Its just there for added protection.
- Answered by Alim I from Peoria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Water resistant, yes.
The 20 minutes, 1 meter limits means it will only resists water under specific conditions. Apple's own tech spec for the iPhone 7 confirm this:
"iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are splash-, water- and dust-resistant, and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty."
- Answered by Jacques E from Bellbowrie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Hi there, I lost my iphone 7 yesterday morning in the ocean in knee deep rough water (my hat blew off so I went after it). I thought it was gone for good, Got home started the find my iphone app on my ipad, nothing. Called it, went straight to message bank.
The next morning about the same time my ipad showed that my iphone had been found. We called it again and it was ringing. Later, some guy found it in the water, called the number showing on its screen and we went to meet him. The phone was still on, still had some battery, I texted someone straight away, it was totally fine. I washed it in fresh water (because why not) and have charged it again and its fine. THATS 24 HOURS IN THE SEA! Still amazed.:)
- Answered by Kerrie P from Trinity Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I took it when I went rafting (not whitewater) I fell off the boat and just those few mins gave it water damage. I was disappointed because I saw tons of youtube videos where they literally jumped in pools and came out fine. So I would avoid water if possible.
- Answered by Nicholas V from Mount Vernon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
It is splash, water and dust resistant. I wouldn’t be taking it anywhere to deliberately get it wet. The slash, water and dust resistant is just a extra part of protection.
- Answered by Jp M from Queanbeyan
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
No trust me I know because I got it wet with a pretty decent amount of water and now I don’t have a home button but at least I got assistivetouch
- Answered by Paul D from Las Cruces
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
No waterproof I phone7
- Answered by Abhishek V
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
Can I swim with the case on or do I have to take if off before going in the pool?
- Asked by Matie S from Upland
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I swim with the case on or do I have to take if off before going in the pool?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - (PROD…
Can the iPhone 7 shoot RAW?
- Asked by Susan W from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the iPhone 7 shoot RAW?)
No answers yet