Can I use two of these cable on the latest MBPro 15 inch Retina to power two 4k displays? (Dual monitors)
1 Answer from the Community
Depends on whether you mean "4k UHD" or true "Cinema 4k" as well as whether you have the 15in MBP with a dedicated GPU or just the integrated graphics. I am going to assume you want to power actual TV's and not computer monitors since you are trying to use HDMI instead of just using the Thunderbolt/mini-display port ports. The answer would be yes for either 15in MBP with or without the dedicated GPU. But, it will only give you a 30Hz refresh rate. This will be extremely noticeable. Your MBP monitor runs at 60Hz. If you wanted to run true "Cinema 4k" ONLY the MBP with a dedicated GPU will support those resolutions but since you only see Cinema 4k in computer monitors and well in the Cinema it will be run over display port using the Thunderbolt/display port ports and will run at 60Hz. You best bet. If you haven't bout the TV's yet. Is to purchase two "cinema 4k" computer monitors. They usually run in the 31" plus range in size. If you don't have a dedicated GPU. You should get two 4k UHD computer monitors since they will have the display port ports and will thus allow a 60Hz refresh rate.
- Answered by Robert I from Sneads Ferry
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this power adapter extension cable work for 21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display?
- Asked by Michelle L T from Syracuse
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this power adapter extension cable work for 21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display?)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable
Will this monitor work in 4k mode with a late 2013 15" retina MBP
- Asked by Stephen B from Walnut
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this monitor work in 4k mode with a late 2013 15" retina MBP)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
Is it possible to connect two 27" Mac Thunderbolt Displays to a Mac Mini for dual monitor use? If so, what additional cables are needed?
- Asked by Jonathon M
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect two 27" Mac Thunderbolt Displays to a Mac Mini for dual monitor use? If so, what additional cables are needed?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter