Does the Smart Connector connection allow data transfer? Or is it exclusively for charging?
I'd love to simply plug this into my computer and be able to use it while I'm doing app development on my iPad Pro.
2 Answers from the Community
I have just discovered that you can not do this. I was going to use this with the duet display app as that requires a wired connection and it doesn't work. It only gives charge to the iPad which is a shame. I hope logi can fix this with a software patch unless it's a limitation of the smart connector.
- Answered by Josh W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Logitech says: BASE passes only electrical current through the Smart Connector. However, while your iPad is on the BASE, you can use the standard lightning connector to sync data with your computer.
- Answered by Wade C from Jonesboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will the iPad USB connector allow me to connect my Garmin 305 Gps watch and transfer data into Garmin Connect through Safari?
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the iPad USB connector allow me to connect my Garmin 305 Gps watch and transfer data into Garmin Connect through Safari?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
Does this case allow for wireless charging?
- Asked by David B
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case allow for wireless charging?)
- Asked about: OtterBox Statement Series Case for …
Can I use it to connect a pen drive and transfer the data into it?
- Asked by Patricia C from Columbus
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it to connect a pen drive and transfer the data into it?)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter