Does it need a constant wifi connection for timer to work
I want to use this in the kitchen to turn on a slow cooker in the middle of the day when I am out. I am assuming I can set a timer for it to come on at a specific time.
The wifi connection from the kitchen is quite weak so sometimes it drops out. Does the wifi connection need to be working at the time I have set for it to switch on, or does it simply only need to be connected to the wifi when I set the timer? So if I set the timer using my phone, and then later the router crashes, would the switch still come on at the time that I set it for?
1 Answer from the Community
It uses Bluetooth LE for a connection with a nearby phone or tablet, or to stay connected through intervals with a designated homekit iPad or Apple TV. This product does not have a wifi radio, only bluetooth. It requires a homekit hub enabled iPad or Apple TV to allow the timers to be updated from outside your home. For this to work, you need to have the Eve Energy in bluetooth range of your homekit hub. The device stores the timer settings once they are setup.
- Answered by Julez E from Coningham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Doe I need a wifi printer to work with the star cash draw or does the printer work via cabling to the cash draw?
- Asked by Claire W
- 6 Jul 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Doe I need a wifi printer to work with the star cash draw or does the printer work via cabling to the cash draw?)
- Asked about: Star Micronics CB2002 Flat Note Cas…
Does HomePod work with public WiFi that requires login info?
- Asked by Alrik C from Hong Kong
- 14 Dec 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does HomePod work with public WiFi that requires login info?)
- Asked about: HomePod