How to Turn Off LG monitor but keep charging my MacBook Pro ?
2 Answers from the Community
The best method that I have for turning OFF this LG display, and the Apple Thunderbolt/Apple Cinema Displays, is by setting up a "Hot Corner" where you move the mouse into an assigned corner of the monitor to initiate putting the display to sleep.
~Hot Corners... (Bottom left of Mission Control menu)
...then select the corner that you would like to have as the assigned Hot Corner, open the Drop Down Menu, and select "Put Display to Sleep" and the display will go into Sleep/Standby while still supplying power to your MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Scott K from Parkland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I don't have an exact answer for you, but short of unplugging it, I don't think you can power it off. I use a number of external HD's connected to the LG's USB-C connections. IF my laptop is disconnected or turned off, my externals are still spinning. I'd rather not have them running needlessly without my connected laptop, so I've got into the habit of disconnecting the HD's also. You'd think they had a power switch on the monitor! A workaround might be connecting the monitor to a power strip, and just powering off the strip, but I don't know if that would have any long-term issues for the monitor.
- Answered by Chris D from Mukwonago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What kind of adapter is needed to connect an HDMI LG monitor to a 2010 Macbook pro?
- Asked by Charlotte H from Daphne
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of adapter is needed to connect an HDMI LG monitor to a 2010 Macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Can this monitor do night shift and dimming in sync with a connected macbook pro?
- Asked by Charles O from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this monitor do night shift and dimming in sync with a connected macbook pro?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
Can I use this one to connect from Macbook Pro 2009 to LG Flatron 22inch monitor?
- Asked by Jae Eun C from Mount Pleasant
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this one to connect from Macbook Pro 2009 to LG Flatron 22inch monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter