Does this fit new 2016 MacBook pro?
With the new release of the MBP, would this still fit the design changes made to the device?
- Asked by Josh M from Grand Haven
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this fit new 2016 MacBook pro?)
8 Answers from the Community
I had the same question. I just spoke to a sales associate about this since I have a new, late 2016 MBP on order. He said he didn't think it will fit as the new MBP is thinner and lighter. Suggested waiting for new cases to come out to conform to the new MBP shape/size.
- Answered by C. Scott K from Southbridge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I checked with Urban Gear, Apple, and other manufacturers. No one seems to have a hard case to fit the new MacBook Pro 13 inch with touch bar. Apple rep said their standard response if for consumers to buy a sleeve.
However, Mosio has one coming out November 28, 2016 for delivery December 1, 2016.
Kuzy has one to be released December 10, 2016.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Shane S from Birmingham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have the same question. My guess is that it doesn't fit because the product pictured has computer with older, multiple ports on the side.
- Answered by Linda B from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I bought it for my new MacBook Pro and it didn't fit. They immediately told me so and took It back though. They were very helpful and told me they haven't yet manufactured a case for this model yet.
- Answered by Esther F from Bergenfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
This case does NOT fit the MacBook Pro 15" USB-C. I bought the case, with fingers crossed, and it was too big. You can find some online, but this is the best brand I have found. I'm waiting patiently for a redesigned model.
- Answered by Gregory P from Irvine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
No it does not fit. I bought the shell at Best Buy and asked if it would fit the new 15" MacBook Pro with the Ribbon. Response was
"Of Course it fits all 15" with Retina Display" Took it home and it is far too big.
No problem returning it though.
- Answered by Timothy A from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Yes! The Incase 15" Hardshell Case for MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) is made for the new 15 Inch MacBook Pro!
- Answered by Toni S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
You are asking about a 13" MacBook Pro on the product page of the case for the 11" MacBook Air. Of course it won't fit. the displays are completely the wrong size. But if you had left this on the product page for the 13" MacBook Pro, the answer would the the same. It would not fit, because the 2016 13" MacBook Pro is thinner with a smaller footprint. Same with comparing the 2015 and 2016 15" MacBook Pros.
- Answered by Christina T from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
Can you use this to transfer data from an old MacBook Pro to the new 2016 MacBook Pro 2016?
- Asked by Cristian C from Peekskill
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this to transfer data from an old MacBook Pro to the new 2016 MacBook Pro 2016?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
Will these work with the new Late 2016 Macbook Pro? I obviously don't wanna b carrying around 2 earpods or adapters.
- Asked by Christie L from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Will these work with the new Late 2016 Macbook Pro? I obviously don't wanna b carrying around 2 earpods or adapters.)
- Asked about: EarPods with Lightning Connector
Will this work with the new 2016 Macbook Pro with touch bar?
- Asked by Andrew H from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the new 2016 Macbook Pro with touch bar?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive