Will charging my Macbook Pro Touch-Bar 2017 (13”) with this damage the battery?
So i bought this product to charge my Macbook Pro 2017, however, in the store the stuff warned me that charging with this powerbank can damage my battery permanently. They said that the charge is slow and that Macbook needs at least 61 watt to charge properly, while this powerbank output is only 30 watt. So the question remains, can i use this powerbank safely even though the charge will be slow?
- Asked by fn from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Will charging my Macbook Pro Touch-Bar 2017 (13”) with this damage the battery?)
1 Answer from the Community
I have been using this powerbank to charge my MacBook Pro 13" with Touch Bar for more about nine months and my MacBook battery condition is 'normal'...since it's 30w and the MacBook charger is 61w, if you're streaming video, it might not charge or it may just maintain charge because the drain on the battery exceeds the charge it is receiving...if I lower the screen brightness slightly, the battery charges...the below is from Apple's website for the mophie powerstation USB-C XXL
"The mophie powerstation USB-C XXL high-capacity universal battery delivers enough power to charge your USB-C MacBook Pro as well as your iPhone and iPad. This advanced 19,500mAh battery provides rapid charging rates up to 30W, so you can fast charge two power-hungry devices at once".
- Answered by Craig S from Poughkeepsie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this charge a 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar?
- Asked by Alex N from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this charge a 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar?)
- Asked about: 87W USB-C Power Adapter
Hardcase or skin on macbook pro(is it harmful to my mbp)
- Asked by Joel T from Kochi
- Flag as inappropriate (Hardcase or skin on macbook pro(is it harmful to my mbp))
- Asked about: Incase 13" Hardshell Case for MacBo…