Does this have to be run in a RAID or can you use the 2 drives independently?
Can I use the 2 8TB drives in this be used as independent drives? Say one drive for my files and the other drive as a Time Machine drive? Or can this only be used in a RAID array?
2 Answers from the Community
You can configure it as JBOD, so yes the drives can be used independently.
- Answered by John R from Wyoming
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes it has to be RAID configured. 4Tb RAID1 mirrored drive or 8Tb RAID0 stripped drive
- Answered by Robert P from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
are there 2 hard drives i.e.) 2 x 3TB for the 6TB model installed so I can use as a mirror in RAID mode
- Asked by Ant J
- 22 Dec 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (are there 2 hard drives i.e.) 2 x 3TB for the 6TB model installed so I can use as a mirror in RAID mode)
- Asked about: LaCie 8TB 2Big RAID Desktop Hard Dr…