Can this item be used outdoors and can it handle being submersed under water as a flood sensor it should be iprated
we have streams running near our house that sometimes burst the banks it would be nice to get a early warning especially if I'm not at home
2 Answers from the Community
Hello, the product is water resistant and will float in water, however, it is not meant to be used outside.
- Answered by Richard B from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The sensor is actually buoyant, so there’s a risk it could float away outdoors if there’s a full on flood. Specs don’t mention water resistance, I think making it float was to avoid having to make it waterproof. It also only operates within 0-40 degrees C (32-104 F) so may be a risk of it freezing up and becoming inoperable outside if its too cold.
Operating range is 50m (164’) outdoors, probably limited by Bluetooth range.
- Answered by Rob T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can HomePod be used Outdoors
- Asked by Patrick D from Nashville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can HomePod be used Outdoors)
- Asked about: HomePod
Does it float? Can you use it in the water?
- Asked by Dylan E from Tucker
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it float? Can you use it in the water?)
- Asked about: Sphero SPRK+ Robot
No answers yet
Will they be water or sweat proof? Can they be used while I exercise, run, play tennis?
- Asked by Jeff H from Atkinson
- Flag as inappropriate (Will they be water or sweat proof? Can they be used while I exercise, run, play tennis?)
- Asked about: AirPods