Can Logitech Keys-to-Go be used as a wired keyboard? The USB cable seems to be just for charging.
1 Answer from the Community
No, I've just tested this with a micro USB cable that I know to be capable of data transfer and there is no connectivity with my Mac. I am now typing the rest of this answer with a Bluetooth connection to my Mac and the keyboard works pretty well. The camera button locks the Mac screen, the world keyboard button works like a second play/pause key on the Mac, the other playback and volume control buttons work with the Mac, and the home, task switcher and search keys do not function with the Mac.
It would have been nice to have the option of wired but sadly this device can't do that. The Apple Magic Keyboards do however work as wired keyboards even with Mac's that they don't support, for example my Power Mac G4 so one of them might be a better option for you.
I hope this answer is useful.
- Answered by Andrew R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you use the apple keyboard 2 as a wired keyboard via the lightning-USB cable and turn off bluetooth?
- Asked by Joe B
- 31 Oct 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the apple keyboard 2 as a wired keyboard via the lightning-USB cable and turn off bluetooth?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard - British English
Can I use this for an external large key keyboard with a standard USB conection?
- Asked by Lisa W from Valdora
- 13 Mar 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this for an external large key keyboard with a standard USB conection?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Will it charge with the Logitech Slim Combo case (keyboard detached) on the iPad Pro?
- Asked by Richard O from Wexford
- 19 Nov 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it charge with the Logitech Slim Combo case (keyboard detached) on the iPad Pro?)
- Asked about: Logi BASE Charging Stand with Smart…