Is this G-drive bootable so I can bring my own OSX and travel between Mac's on different locations- and countries?
2 Answers from the Community
It is bootable, but booting up different Macs with the same disk image will likely cause problems.
If you wanted to put just your data files on the external drive, you could create OSX sym-links from your home directory, on all the systems, such that they point to the external drive.
The systems would all still boot with the internal drive, but all of your important files would be in a singular location.
Documents -> /Volumes/GDrive/Documents/
Pictures -> /Volumes/GDrive/Pictures/
Music -> /Volumes/GDrive/Music/
- Answered by Jerold A from Nashua
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. It is bootable if formatted correctly.
- Answered by John C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
In my new Mac Pro retina... Could I read the DVDs from another regions, or only in the country when I purchase the SuperDrive?
- Asked by Barbara W from Veracruz
- Flag as inappropriate (In my new Mac Pro retina... Could I read the DVDs from another regions, or only in the country when I purchase the SuperDrive?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
how can I connect a firewire G-drive to a thunderbolt mac
- Asked by Kurt M from Smyrna
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I connect a firewire G-drive to a thunderbolt mac)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter