does apple tv 4k work with lg ultrafine 4k?
I purchased both from Apple store and cannot seem to get it to work. Using a HDMI from Apple TV to USB-C cable to the display
- Asked by Phil T from Bossley Park
- Flag as inappropriate does apple tv 4k work with lg ultrafine 4k?
1 Answer from the Community
USB-C to HDMI cables or adapter only work one way - from USB-C on the computer to HDMI on a TV or display. To connect the Apple TV 4K to an LG UltraFine 4K requires an HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 adapter which costs $130. Then you need to convert DisplayPort 1.2 to USB-C with something like a Wacom Link Plus or you might be able to use a bidirectional USB-C to DisplayPort cable such as the one from Moshi. If you only need 4K 30Hz, than the Wacom Link Plus can work by itself to convert HDMI 1.4 to USB-C. I haven't tried any of those solutions though.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this cable work with all 4k tvs.
- Asked by Jeff S from North Richland Hills
- 20 Sep 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Does this cable work with all 4k tvs.
Does this work with the LG UltraFine 4K display over USB-C?
- Asked by Jeremy F from San Francisco
- 12 Jul 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Does this work with the LG UltraFine 4K display over USB-C?