My 3rd-generation iPod's (dock connector/touch wheel) Firewire cable doesn't fit my new iMac. Another USB cable doesn't charge the iPod. Will this?
I tried the USB cable that came with my iPhone, but it only syncs the iPod and doesn't charge it.
1 Answer from the Community
This apparently is to be expected - older iPods need FireWire to charge it seems but can sync over USB. I discovered this recently when I gave my 40GB 3rdGen to a microsloth-using friend.
Your iMac doesn't have a FireWire port? I thought they all had at least one. If you have only the newer FW800 9-pin connector, you can get an adapter to go to 6-pin FW400.
- Answered by Anthony D from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I use my new 27-inch iMac as a display for my May 2007 MacBook? (mini DVI tp Mini DisplayPort)
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use my new 27-inch iMac as a display for my May 2007 MacBook? (mini DVI tp Mini DisplayPort))
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Will this adapter work with the 3rd generation ipad and cable?
- Asked by Casey B from Fargo
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with the 3rd generation ipad and cable?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter