How well does this work with the canon 5d 21mpix camera ?
Does iPad handle the very large 21 mpix images from the canon 5d well ? Also can I view them on the iPad and eventually copy the raw images to my Mac .. This is RAW images not jpeg ....
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (How well does this work with the canon 5d 21mpix camera ?)
1 Answer from the Community
I have a 7D, but I believe my answer still applies (18vs 21 megapixels is close in size)
What it does:
-The iPad imports RAW, RAW+Jpeg, and Jpeg files just fine.
- It displays high res thumbnails of the images for viewing on the iPad
- It pops up like a USB drive while plugged in to a computer to retrieve the imported files.
- It groups together RAW+ Jpeg files into one stacked file so you don't have to swipe through duplicates of the same image.
What it doesn't do:
- Display full 100% res on the iPad screen. On zooming in the picture will eventually get fuzzy.
- I believe the resolution of the preview on the iPad screen of imported images is capped. You can zoom in and I believe this resolution is higher than the iPads screen, but it it definitely not close to the 5000px+ image sizes of the 5D and 7D.
-I believe the preview looks slightly higher res by shooting Raw + small Jpeg, as I believe the Thumbnail that the iPad is reading for the RAW image is much lower res than the small jpeg's resolution.
- Answered by Alan C from Venice
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?
- Asked by Francis T from Butterworth
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Will this work with the CF card in my Canon 5D mk II? The previous version did not work on my camera due to the file size of the images or CF card?
- Asked by Matt B from Brisbane
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the CF card in my Canon 5D mk II? The previous version did not work on my camera due to the file size of the images or CF card?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
This should work with the iPad as well?
- Asked by John H from Massapequa
- Flag as inappropriate (This should work with the iPad as well?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
No answers yet